Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
In esence what you do is:
1. go into configuration page (check your router manual or documentation)
2. go into wireless
3. change the defaul SSID (that is the network name or Access point name or your router name)
4. make a note of the SSID you have defined (you needed when setting up your client computer)
5. if you want you can stop broadcasting the SSID (recommeded.. that's why you noted that on previous step
4. set up your encription method (wep, wpa, wpa2).. wp2 is recommeded or wpa if wpa2 is not avaliable or wep if that's the only option as it is better than nothing.
5. configure and note you passphrase/key (you need this to configure your client computer)
this is a good article that will give you some fundaments
and this is a walk through securing a router with an example for a popular linksys router:
and this is a wlak through securing a router with an example for a polar d-link router:
other routers may be different but in esence is the same.
let us know how it went!! good luck!!
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2014 | Belkin Basic Wireless Router
Jan 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2010 | D-Link DIR-615 Wireless Router
Aug 06, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2010 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Dec 27, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Oct 06, 2009 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
May 12, 2009 | Arris Wireless G Broadband Router (wr850g)
160 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: