Question about Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: washing machine
That fault code is to do with the drain pump either its jammed or not working remove the front plate at the bottom of the machine undue the filter and check to see if it is either a blockage or something jammed in the pump..
hope this helps cheers
Posted on Jan 21, 2008
SOURCE: washing machine error code f04
ok these machines are great and they make it very simple F04 means cant drain which usually means money or bits and bobs stuck in pump impeller. On the front of the machine remove the bottom right hand plastic cover by hand this is where the access to the filter and pump can be found, you will see a black cap about 3" which can be unscrewed you may need pliers or something to grip it and turn it, have plenty of old towels ready as the water in the machine will begin to come out when you unscrew it(anti clockwise), just unscrew it a little until the water trickles out and mop it up with the old towels until the water stops then continue to unscrew anti clockwise until you are sure the thread is no longer gripping you cant over unscrew so if in doubt just keep unscrewing....then it needs to be pulled out toward you, you will probably need grippers or pliers for this just wiggle it out and remove it, look inside you will see the drain pump impeller, put a finger in and feel for whatever is obstructing it and remove, now use a finger to feel for the inlet that comes into the chamber from the left, use a finger to feel inside this pipe and remove other bits and bobs in the pipeline that were ready to find there way to the pump, once you have removed whatever is in there clean with a rag the thread and scale and make it nice and clean. In your sink wash the screw cap and little white filter piece that is attached to the cap and careful so as not to cross thread it push and then screw it back in making sure the filter solid plastic part is facing toward the inlet pipe you cleaned earlier as its that solid part that prevents (should prevent but didn't or you wouldn't be doing this) large objects finding there way in to the impeller chamber, screw the cap in and restart the cycle and your done, easy repair anyone can do it..... Don't forget to send me your luv if this works for you!!... Nick (at) 2xx.co.uk
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
It means that the water is not draining fromthe machine inthe time allowed by the controller.
1. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
2. Remove the filter and make sure that the filter is not blocked and is clean and clear of all debris. Clean as required. Note that depending on the machine type you may get a lot of water coming out of the filter when you remove it if the machine has not drained successfully. Note that if the machine has stopped and not fully drained then you may be able to drain out the excess water by removing or disconnecting the waste hose and laying it on the ground in a tray.
3. Proceed by checking the drain hose for proper connection and kinks and make sure that it is not blocked.
4. Also check that the main waste drain pipe, if you use one, is not blocked and clean if required.
5. Reconnect the power and switch the machine on.
If the problem persists then do the following.
6. Switch off the machine and disconnect the mains power.
7. Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure it is operational.
8. Remove the connecting hoses, and expect water to drain out and make sure the pipes are not blocked with debris or any object blockage.
9. Makes sure the pump appears clear and that the impeller looks in good condition.
10. Reconnect the hoses and then reconnect power and switch the machine on.
11. If problem has not been corrected, then remove the pump and check that the drive coupling to the motor is OK and that the motor turns OK. If all is well then replace the pump.
Posted on Oct 23, 2009
SOURCE: error code e60
Hi I had this on my zanussi not long ago I pressed the reset button in for 5 seconds and it stopped . The computer board needed resetting. Hope this helps
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
It means that there is a fault in the heating circuit and the heater is not working
The listed site deals with this problem so take a look and if you are fully capable of testing, follow the troubleshooting instructions but always double check that the unit is unplugged or disconnected from the electrical supply.
And remember kindergarten rule #1 "If in doubt, don't" with everything that is potentially dangerous. Electricity kills so a service repair bill may be a better solution.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2017 | Washing Machines
Oct 19, 2017 | Brother Sewing Machines
Sep 14, 2015 | Fagor Washing Machines
Apr 13, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jul 28, 2014 | Electrolux Washing Machines
Aug 18, 2011 | Washing Machines
Jan 25, 2010 | Hotpoint Ultima WF860 Front Load Washer
Jan 07, 2010 | Washing Machines
Jul 14, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 13, 2018 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
2,473 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!