Question about Computers & Internet
I have a new motherboard elit group chipset SIS661FX+SIS964
cpu Intel pentium4 1.80 Ghz
ram 256 Mo ( 333Mhz)
disk 40 GO
I can't install windows XP pack2 , the messages of errors appears:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON PAGE_AREA , I need to understand what's the problem and if this
CPU is it supported by this motherboard.
I apologize for the language
Thanks for the details supplied although I believe you're missing some details
1. are you trying to install the whole operating system (windows xp sp2) or only the SP2 for windows xp?
2. if you are trying to install the os (windows xp sp2) is this a clean installation (recommended) or you are trying to upgrade from a previous operating system (9x, nt, 2000)??
10. are you getting a blue screen with this message?? in what part of your installation??: the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON PAGE_AREA message is something I'm assuming you're getting on a blue screen before the computer shuts down on you (please confirm if this is accurate)
2. if you answered yes to the previous question what we need is the line at the bottom portion of the blue screen where you see something like 0x000000?? (0x00000......
if possible get this information and post it here. this information is called a stop error (the blue screen is also called a stop error screen or blue screen of dead (BSOD) as is coloquially known) the code will give you/us a better idea of where the problem lies.. but taking an educated guess you may have driver problem creating some type of issues.
in the mean time my suggestions are the following:
a. while you get and post the information required above is, if you're trying to install the service pack 2 on a working xp installation, is to try to install the SP2 by only having the basic peripherials plugged into your system. (keyboard, mouse and obviously your monitor) and reattempt the sp2 installation.
b. if you're trying to install the operating system (either clean install or not) make sure your windows xp sp2 copy is a good copy (hopefully will be a valid copy of the os) if not you can always run into problems now or at a later time.
c. if you're trying to install the os and want to make sure your system/hardware configuration is appropiate for the installation this are your options:
1. check the HCL online (if you have a previous installation you are trying to upgrade to xp)
2. if you have a previous windows installation you can also use the upgrade tool to confirm if you have what you need to put windows xp on your system.
2. if you have don't have an internet connection you can use the windows xp cd that you have to confirm whether you have what it's required in terms of hardware:
Pop the cd into your CD drive. Close the screen if auto run launches and open Run from the Start Menu. Type in D:winnt32.exe /checkupgradeonly, substituting the drive letter of your CD-ROM for D if it’s different. This will launch the Microsoft Windows Upgrade Advisor that will identify any hardware and software upgrade incompatibilities.
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 16, 2010 | Intel Pentium Dual Core E2140 / 1.6 GHz...
Jan 02, 2010 | Intel Computers & Internet
May 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2008 | ASUS P5S800-VM Motherboard
Oct 13, 2008 | ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard
Jun 06, 2008 | Intel (RK80532PG0881M) Pentium 4, 3 GHz...
Apr 15, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Apr 14, 2008 | Computers & Internet
357 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!