Question about Samsung LE26R74BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD Television
Samsung le26r74bd television just out of waranty. On changing from HDMI source to TV source the program has become stuck on one channel (it displays the channel name on the screen constantly as well now). I can change the volume, picture settings etc and view other sources (video recorder, HDMI etc) perfectly yet i cannot change the program on the TV source using either the remote control or buttons on the set itself. Tried unplugging from the mains completely and leaving for hours but still nothing. Please please please help.
Check the remote control for its infrared emission. Check it with fresh batteries. Check it by pressing all the keys. You can detect the presence of infra-red emission from the remote control, using a cell-phone camera. If you wish to get more details about how to check a remote control, please visit this site. One among the posts has details about it. In some cases, the remote control might need to clean.
Search the site by type in this key phrase "how to test a remote control "in the "search box at the top right of the display window of the Homepage" to get the related post quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsSCNCW3IbQ [open and clean]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-l1uh-5gE [open and clean]
Posted on May 11, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
check the power inverter on the power strip. also check the caps on the board and if any of those caps have a round top it is bad and needs to be replaced. i hope this helps.
Posted on Jul 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
May 03, 2011 | Toshiba 50HP66 50 in. Plasma Television
Mar 01, 2011 | Samsung LE40R73BD 40 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Jan 27, 2011 | Samsung LT-P1545 15 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
Nov 12, 2009 | Samsung LE40R73BD 40 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Aug 22, 2009 | Samsung LNR238W 23 in. LCD Television
Aug 15, 2009 | Samsung LN32A330 32 in. LCD TV
Nov 10, 2008 | Samsung LT-P1545 15 in. EDTV-Ready LCD...
Dec 29, 2013 | Samsung LE26R74BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Sep 03, 2017 | Samsung LE26R74BDX 26 in. HD-Ready LCD...
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: