An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: My Nintendo touch screen does not work.
Well, does the screen turn on and function correctly? If so, then you simply have the touch screen ribbon that is disconnected and if you open the DS you can correctly place the ribbon so the touch screen functions.
If you don't want to take the chance of screwing it up more, then simply sell it on eBay. You will get a good price if you describe the problem. Others who are experienced in this area will buy it, and that money could help you get a new one.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You could try calibrating the screen. To do this, you must go to the little DS in the center of the screen when you turn the DS on. Then touch the yellow square on the far right. It should give you instructions from that point on. Make sure that your stylus doesn't have a scratch on it! If it has a little nick down the middle, then your screen might not get a clear reading as to what you touched.
Hi penny_od.....The following excerpts has been extracted from the Nintendo Help Site. If you would like to view the entire document, please click on the URL below....Please update your post of any progress, whether positive or negative so that I may learn from this too.....good luck my friend.
Touch Screen doesn't respond or is inaccurate when touched
* Be sure that you're using only the bottom screen of the Nintendo DS with the stylus. The upper screen is not a touch screen.
* Use only licensed Nintendo DS styluses and screen protectors.
* Unlicensed screen protectors can lower the sensitivity of the touch screen. If the problem you are experiencing started happening after you attached a screen protector, you may want to remove it. Please note that some screen protectors can leave behind a residue that may be difficult to clean. If you are planning on removing a screen protector that has been placed on your Nintendo DS, click here for tips on cleaning your screens.
* If the touch screen is not responding when touched, or the accuracy of the screen is off, you may need to recalibrate the touch screen. Click here for help recalibrating the Touch Screen.
* If recalibrating the screen didn't solve the problem (see above step), hold the Nintendo DS at an angle so that you can see where the edges of the Touch Screen meet the housing of the system. Look around the entire edge of the Touch Screen for any foreign material (such as crumbs, etc.) that may be wedged in between the Touch Screen and the housing of the DS. Foreign material in this area can cause the Touch Screen to work incorrectly. If there are any visible particles, please follow these steps for cleaning the screen.
If the above steps do not solve the problem, your system will need to be repaired. Click here for repair information.