Display screen unreadable. Removing battery
You have an (unfixable) LCD screen problem - the Liquid Crystal Display is dying (or broken by impact).
The best you can do (without a spare LCD screen and soldering/electronic repair skills) is hope that
there's a workaround that lets you use the phone without the LCD screen working.
Exploring a workaround: call the cordless from your cell phone, and see if you can answer by just using the keypad - if so, then the cordless works and it can be used until the whole phone dies (rather than just the LCD screen).
Most consumers just end up buying a new cordless about every year since these units take too much accidental abuse to last long.
If you decide to scrap the unit, save the battery for recycling at your nearest Home Depot.
old rechargeable batteries of any type - NiCad types used in cordless phones are especially toxic
(the (heavy metal) cadmium poisons spermatogenesis). Even better, save the battery for your
other GE 25932 5.8 GHz cordless phone - if you have a pair, then its mate's battery is old too.
Jan 02, 2011 |
GE 25932 Cordless Phone