I have problems in setting the alarm and cannot do so in the Today-clock&alarm screen, nor by clicking on the clock and setting the alarm. I also have a problem in that the date cannot be shown, although I checked the date in the Today- item screen
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This thing set under my bed, lifeless til I was looking for something else and decided it was time to get this clock working!
(Use the stylus pen for best results) After putting in two fresh batteries (or hit the reset button if your batteries are fresh). This will reset the clock and the 'clock' icon in the upper lefthand corner will be blinking. Now press and hold the display area where the hour of the day is displayed. The entire time will start blinking. Now start tapping on the blinking hours to increment the clock slowly to the correct hours (it will cycle all the way thru military time and regular time, so choose what you desire). Press and hold with the stylus to increment quickly. Do the same with the minutes, that are blinking too. When time is correct, tap the 'clock' icon once. The 'clock' icon will still blink, which I believe is correct operation.
To set the date, tap on 3rd icon down from the top left (it looks like a little calendar). This will put you into the date section of the clock (if you do nothing, it will cycle back to the clock, after ten seconds, as a default). Before it cycles back to the clock, press and hold with the stylus pen right below the word 'DATE', until the the entire displayed date starts blinking. Tap the first two digits of the year to go down in years and tap the right two numbers of the year to go up in years. Tap on the month number to increment; do the same with the date number. When all date entries are correct, either tap the 'calendar' icon, or let the clock sit for ten seconds: it will cycle back to the clock.
I guess you can set the alarm in a similar method.
Press "Mode" once to view the calendar
Press Mode again to view the alarm time
Press and hold Mode for 3 sec. to enter the time setting...Hour blinks..change by using Up or Down buttons. Press Mode again to set Minutes Press Mode to finish
Press Mode to see calendar
Press Mode for 3 sec to set year. Year appears, blinks...change with up or down buttons
Press Mode ..month appears...blinks. Change with up & down buttons. Repeat for day. Press Mode to finish
Sounds like your PC is not set to adjust for daylight savings....
the ipaq automatically adjusts for daylight savings but the PC does not.
On your PC double click on clock, click on Time Zone tab and then on that screen you will see the box that needs to be checked.
also check that both PC and IPAQ are set to same time-zones.
To set an alarm for an event:
1. Create a new event or double-click an existing event.
2. In the New/Edit Event dialog box, select the Alarm check box.
3. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
4. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
5. Click OK.
To set a default alarm for all new events:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Date Book tab.
3. Select the Alarm Preset check box.
4. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
5. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
6. Click OK.
Setting Alarm Options
You can configure the Alarm Manager settings for the Desktop application in the Alarm tab of the Options dialog box.
To set Alarm options:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Alarms tab and click one of the following actions:
* Always available: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear regardless of whether the Desktop application is running.
* Available only when Palm Desktop is running: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear only when the Desktop application is running.
* Disabled: Click this option if you do not want alarm notifications to appear on your computer.
3. If you want an alarm tone to sound when the alarm notification message appears, click Play audible notification with alarm dialog.
4. Click OK.