Question about Sceptre DCL9a
I am trying follow the steps below, I can't turn the monitor off because the powerbutton would not response, so I pull the monitor power plug off, then try to follow steps again, nothing happen. Please help!
Turn the monitor off
* Hold down the Menu button and the plus button
* While holding the other two down, press the power button. Wait for the DVI connector graphic to disappear
* Release all buttons
* Press the minus button. The Service Menu should appear
* Scroll down to Burnin Mode using the minus button
* Press the Menu button to activate that setting
* Press the minus button to set it to Off (it should be blue when selected)
* Press the plus button to highlight Exit Menu
* Press the Menu button After over 6months of the computer been turned off(split up and had to move out) I recently reconected it. The computer seems to boot up ok but I have nothing on my screen. Now this blue box with "BURN IN MODE" has appeared. I can't get rid and can't use my comp. :-(
I didn't have the monitor connected to the computer, and that's why the power button was unresponsive. After connecting it, the solution above worked for me.(My KVM switch was set to a computer that was turned off)
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Got monitor out of burn in mode by unplugging the power to monitor then while holding down the power button on monitor plugged in the power cord to the monitor all while it was connected to a running computer. Was able to turn the monitor off with the power button. When I pressed the power again the burn in mode was gone and the monitor was displaying what was on the laptop computer.
Posted on Dec 29, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 12, 2016 | HP Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2015 | Sony SDM-HS73P 17" LCD Monitor
Oct 24, 2010 | LG Computers & Internet
May 20, 2010 | Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1" LCD Monitor
Dec 25, 2009 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
Aug 11, 2009 | Liquid Video L17LCD2 17" Flat Panel LCD...
Jun 15, 2009 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Flat Panel Monitor
Jan 11, 2009 | Gateway FPD1530 15" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Dec 27, 2008 | HP Pavilion F50 17" Flat Panel LCD Monitor
Aug 02, 2011 | Sceptre DCL9a
5,338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: