Question about Apex Digital GT2015DV 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
I need to unlock my tv, but i do not have the original remote. as i have found out, you cannot do so, without it. apex no longer carries it but i see some on ebay. but they go by model number on the remote. can anyone, that has their original remote or may know where to get the number from, please help me out?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2013 | Emerson Televison & Video
Dec 03, 2012 | Vizio L32 32 in. LCD HDTV
• Unlock all of the channels on the TV by
entering "6688," which is the factory reset code. This code resets
the TV to original factory settings. Once this is done, you will have to go
through the initial setup.
• Call Omni technical support at (416)
260-0047. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem
may not be the child lock. You'll need to know the model number and serial
number of the TV.
•Take your television to a TV repair shop if you are still unable to unlock the TV. The problem may be with the wiring, so the repairman may have to rewire the TV
Aug 12, 2012 | Televison & Video
Mar 13, 2012 | Apex Digital GT2015DV 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
Aug 11, 2011 | Apex Digital Televison & Video
Jun 22, 2011 | Apex Digital GT2015DV 20 in. TV/DVD Combo
1. Turn on the TV using the remote control. In most cases, you will need the original Jensen remote to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. You can purchase an original replacement online if necessary.
2. Look at the screen. If you see a red key on the bottom of the screen, press "Function" and "Mute" on the remote at the same time. This will unlock the channel. Do this if you want to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel while leaving the TV locked. All other channels will remain locked and the TV will lock again when it is turned off.
3. Unlock all of the channels on the TV by entering 0711 or 3308. These are the Jensen factory reset codes that will reset the TV to the original factory settings. By doing this, you will loose any information that you have stored in the TV, such as channel labels and schedules. You will have to program the TV again by going through the entire initial set up.
4. Call the technical support service number in your owner's manual if neither of those codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television as the problem may not be the parental lock feature. Have the model number and serial number of the TV available when you call.
5. Take your television to a TV repair shop if neither of the codes work and the TV locked by itself while it was turned on. In this case, the TV may need to be rewired.
Mar 14, 2011 | Jensen 143307 Remote Control
Mar 13, 2009 | Philips Magnavox Learning Universal Remote
May 31, 2008 | Philips Magnavox Learning Universal Remote
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!