- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Open your Internet explorer 2. Go to Tools > Internet Options then click the Connections tab 3.Click the LAN Settings button and a new Dialog box will open 4. At the new dialog box, look for the Proxy server check box, if this is checked, UNCHECK it. 5. Click OK button for the Dialog boxes. 6. Try logging in to your Yahoo messenger account now.
ok, in my case i remembered I tried using a proxy on internet explorer and forgot to put it off, so the proxy connection was still on even though the proxy was dead.
It now a proven fact to me that internet explore settings are linked to yahoo mess! so make sure your internet explorer is working ok without proxy:
1. Open your Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools > Internet Options then click the Connections tab
3.Click the LAN Settings button and a new dialog box will open
4. At the new dialog box, look for the Proxy server checkbox, if this is checked, uncheck it.
5. Then your done, click OK button for the dialog boxes.
6. Try logging in to your Yahoo Messenger account.
If you have downloaded the Messenger software here: http://messenger.yahoo.com
then your system will work proper assuming you have an ID at yahoo.
If you trying to display the messenger at this address: http://webmessenger.yahoo.com is different to the other I have shown. That page is for those who log in from someone elses computer or if your in and Internet cafe. If its still saying Internet explorer needs to close for any other reason then update your Explorer the latest software is Explorer 7.0.5730.11 but only if you have XP service pack 2 or higher.