Question about LG 52SX4D 52" HDTV
The red light is on,it's not blinking yet and the pic. still seems fine. The manual says you need to have a technician change the bulb. I have some technical skills and was wondering if it really requires a tech. to change it?
Did this work?
Resetting lamp hours on LG DLP TV
1. With the TV on, press and hold the MENU button on the TV front panel.
2. While holding that button, press and hold the MENU button on your remote.
3. Hold both buttons for ~5 seconds until the service menu comes up on the TV.
4. Release the remote MENU button first, then the TV MENU button.
5. Press and hold the ENTER (or OK) button on the TV front panel.
5a. Press and hold ENTER on the TV front panel (the TV will re-enter the menu; keep holding ENTER while you press and hold MUTE on the remote. After approx 5 seconds, the lamp life counter will appear).
6. While holding that button, press and hold the MUTE button on the remote.
7. Hold both buttons until the Lamp Life Hours show up on your TV screen.
8. Release the MUTE button first, then the ENTER button on the TV front panel.
9. Make a note of the lamp hours if you want.
10. To reset the lamp hours, press the SELECT button (the one between the four arrow keys with two concentric circles on it) on your remote.
11. It will ask you to confirm the reset--press SELECT again to confirm.
To verify you've reset the hours, you can repeat steps 1-9 above and then just press the EXIT button on your remote.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
You send me 9.95 and I'll tell you how I did it.You guy's are on dope
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
If did fix the problem you want me to tell (YOU) for nothing$$$$ but you want me to pay you for advice you must be high
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-50WE655 50" Rear...
Jan 16, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Jan 07, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KF50WE610 50" Rear...
Oct 28, 2009 | Hitachi Projection Televisions
Oct 19, 2009 | Hitachi UltraVision CineForm 55VG825 55"...
Aug 09, 2009 | Toshiba 52HM95 52" HDTV Projection...
Nov 10, 2007 | Sony KDS55A2000 55" HDTV
628 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!