Question about Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Help! My washing machine is internittently running water into the machine after the load has run. So I have clean clothes but I have to run them through the drain and spin cycle to rid them of the water log syndrome. My washer also seems to be hissing, we just replaced a hose because it was about to burst but no when I put the hot water tap on...it hisses. No leaks around the machine...thank goodness.
I would recommend you replace the water inlet valve. This is the only device between the fill hoses and the dispenser that controls the flow of water. The "hissing" noise you hear could be a defective solenoid in the valve that is staying open and allowing water to flow. Try turning the water off at the tap to see if the sound goes away. If it does...water inlet valve. Another tale-tell sign of an inlet valve leaking would be a small trickle of water running down the dispenser tube in the rubber door boot. Over a period of time, the tub will begin to fill and possibly overflow (even with the washer turned off).
You can find a replacement valve at searspartsdirect.com. Just type in your model number and look under the "Dispenser Parts" heading for item number 1 (part #8181694).
Replacing the valve is simple. Just follow these steps:
1. Unplug washer, turn off water supply and remove hoses from the back of the washer.
2. Remove the top panel by removing the three screws that hold the panel in place in the rear of the washer. With the screws removed, the panel will slide back, then lift off.
3. The water inlet valve will be located at the left rear of the washer (as viewed from the front).
4. Remove the dispenser hose, electrical connections and mounting screws and the valve is removed.
5. Install new valve by following these steps in reverse order. NOTE: When reinstalling top panel, make sure you lay panel on top of washer, leaving a couple of inches of room from the front panel. Then, slide panel towards you (front of washer) so that the top panel slides into the mounting clips.
I hope this information is helpful to you. If you still require assistance, or if you feel I'm wrong in my assessment, please post back and let me know.
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
HELP! I have a whirlpool HE3 frontload washer and it is stuck on "Control Locked". I did try holding "end of cycle" button for 3-5 sec. and I also unplugged washer for at least 30 min. as suggested with no luck. I have always repaired my owen washer/dryer with the assistance of this sight...thank you! but this one has me baffled. Any suggestions? I'd rather not pay the big bucks.
Posted on Feb 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2012 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 20, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 30, 2010 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 28, 2010 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Nov 16, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Nov 16, 2008 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 04, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2008 | Whirlpool AWM5125/1 Front Load Washer
236 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: