Question about HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I am trying to use the blue tooth on my printer to hook up with my HP Pavilion dv9920us Notebook PC,
Installing the Printer in Windows Vista Using Bluetooth
Step one: Install the software
Install the software so that the appropriate choices can be made during the installation to resolve the issue.
1. Insert the printer software CD in the CD-ROM drive of the computer. The software installation starts automatically.
Tips & Tricks: If the software installation does not start automatically, click the Start icon. In the Start Search text box located above the Start icon, type D:\setup.exe, where D is the letter of the CD-ROM drive, and then press Enter.
2. On the User Account Control window, click Continue.
3. Follow the instructions that display on the screen to install the software.
Tips & Tricks: If the User Account Control window displays during the installation, click Continue.
4. When prompted to choose the connection type, select directly to this computer using a USB cable and then click Next.
5. On the Connect Your Device Now window, select If you are unable to connect your device now, click this box and then click Next to finish installing the software. You can connect your device later.
6. Click Next.
7. Follow the instructions that display on the screen to complete the software installation.
Step two: Install the Bluetooth dongle
1. Insert a Bluetooth dongle in an available Universal Serial Bus (USB) port on the computer. Windows Vista automatically installs the driver for the dongle.
2. If the printer does not have built-in Bluetooth support, insert a second Bluetooth dongle in the Bluetooth dongle port of the printer after the drivers for the first dongle are installed. (If its an HP bt300 or bt450 then the drivers can be Downloaded for the same from hp.com similarly as we download the drivers for the printers)
Tips & Tricks: This step is not necessary for devices that have built-in Bluetooth support.
3. In the System Tray, right-click on the Bluetooth icon and then click Add a Bluetooth Device . The Add Bluetooth Device Wizard opens.
4. Select the My device is set up and ready to be found check box and then click Next .
5. Click the name of the printer.
Tips & Tricks: If the name of the printer is not displayed, verify that the printer is turned on and then click Search Again . After the name of the printer is not displayed, click the name of the printer and then click Next .
6. On the Do you need a passkey to your device? dialog box, select the appropriate check box and then click Next .
7. On the Completing the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard screen, click Finish .
8. On the Found New Hardware window, click Don’t show this message again for this device .
Tips & Tricks: Multiple Found New Hardware windows might display. Click Don’t show this message again for this device each time the window displays.
9. On the User Account Control window, click Continue.
10. Click Finish.
Step three: Update the printer drivers
1. Click the Start icon, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Device Manager tab.
3. Click the + sign next to other devices to expand the list.
4. Under Other devices, right-click the name of the printer and then click Update Driver Software.
5. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
6. Click let me pick from the list of device drivers on my computer and then click next.
7. Under Common hardware types, click Printers and then click Next .
8. Under Manufacturer, click HP.
9. Under Printers, click the name of the printer and then click Next.
10. On the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. Windows Vista installs the driver for the selected printer.
11. On the Windows has successfully updated your driver software window, click Close.
12. Verify that the drivers are installed correctly.
a. Click the Start icon.
b. Click Control Panel.
c. Under Hardware and Sound, click Printers.
d. Right-click the name of the printer.
e. Click Properties.
f. Click the General tab.
g. Click Print Test Page.
13. If the test page prints successfully, the printer is installed correctly.
Tips & Tricks: If the test page did not print, verify that the correct printer was selected .
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 22, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Apr 08, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Mar 25, 2011 | HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr Notebook PC
Mar 21, 2011 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Hewlett Packard Hp...
Dec 29, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv9000z Notebook
Dec 14, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr Notebook PC
Mar 09, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv4000 Notebook
Aug 24, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv7-1132nr Notebook PC
Jul 02, 2009 | HP NB199UA Pavilion Notebook
Mar 31, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv9000t Notebook
Dec 28, 2016 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
737 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: