- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Skype v22.214.171.124 is the last version which supports XP SP2. If you try install newer version, you will need SP3 installed, or you will get the kernel32 problem "Failed to get proc adress for getLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.Dll)".
If you don't want to install SP3 for your XP, here is a work around for you to run Skype with XP SP2.
1. Download Skypesetupfull.exe v126.96.36.199;
2. Uninstall your current version of Skype from Control Panel;
3. Block the website download.skype.com in your router or in the
4. Delete any auto downloaded skypesetup.msi in %Temp%
5. Install Skype v188.8.131.52.
Is the program not installing at all? Or it just won't run?
Try using the compatibility options for it. If the program did in act install, open up the start menu, and right click on the application. Select properties. There is a compatibility tab. On that tab you can select the Checkbox to run the program in compatibility mode - WindowsXP SP2 usually works for most legacy apps.
Have you tried to copy the compressed folder from the disc to your computer desktop and open it there? Give that a try and see if it works.... I have had this happen to a couple customers at work and I just copied the folder from the disc onto the desktop, opened it there and re-installed it. Or you could also try a repair install of the OS but it does carry the possibility of losing your data and programs.
Hi san, many of vista's problems can be resloved by useing there combatilty mode, its in the properties if you right click on the programe. Make sure to click "Run this program in XP SP2" and "run as administaror" are checked. Good Luck