Question about Sony STR-DE935

2 Answers

AC power supply problem Sony STR-DE935

There's a transformer at T902 on the AC board thats blown. I can't find a replacement. Anyone know what the output voltage is. Input is 120v AC. The part number is 143375811. Thanks

Posted by on

  • 5 more comments 
  • Rick Cooper Oct 06, 2008

    Thanks for the quick reply but they don't have it. Tried and NextTronics - no stock. If I knew the output voltage I can probably find something that will work. It's a pretty simple transformer with one input coil (the 125v AC which is cooked) and the output which I don't know what the voltage is supposed to be. Anyone have a service manual?

  • Rick Cooper Oct 06, 2008

    Thanks very much for the help. I submitted a web order to Tritronics and I'll let you know if I can't get the part. Sounds like we can come up with a suitable replacement that I can patch onto the board. The unit got hit with a severe power spike. I checked everything else on the AC and DC boards (not much there) and all seems OK. and I'm assuming that the transformer was the real fuse (none of the others blew). Are there any other ic's or components I should look at at this time or I can just wait to see if it powers up.
    Thanks again

  • Rick Cooper Oct 16, 2008

    Hi Barneyluc,
    I heard from Tritronics today and they cannot get the OEM transformer and didn't suggest a replacement. I guess I need to go to plan "b" and try to find replacement that will work. Can you suggest one that I can buy from any of the part houses and I will glue it on and give it a try. Thanks,

  • Rick Cooper Oct 18, 2008

    Thanks a lot. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate it. I'm going to check with RS. I'll let you know.

  • Rick Cooper Oct 18, 2008

    Looks like this will work if I wire it in series.

    It's the second on the list - Triad Magnetics F16-150

  • Rick Cooper Oct 24, 2008

    I checked Radio Shack here. Unfortunately they don't carry any parts anymore. I remember when you could get good parts there but now they have become an outlet for dumb people who need batteries. Occasionally you can even find a sales person who can even change one for you. Do you think the one in my last post will work? I can get it from Mouser. Thanks,

  • mggorchs Feb 25, 2009

    i have an strde 715 us version who has a blown t902 transformer i have searched in many sites and i cant find nothing , if anyone knows how to do i will apreciatte very much ,if someone know the output voltage of the transformer maybe i can find a replacement.thank you

    PS it is possible to fit an 220 v to 12 volt instead the original 120 to 12 v t902?i answer this because i´m from spain and here we uses 220 vac .if not possible dont worry because i have the 220 110 external transformer, i asking this just tho make easier to find the piece.

    PS2 sorry about my english:)



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that has over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 6 Answers

This transformer is 12 volts 300ma . You can use any 12 v transformer from ur junk box

Posted on May 20, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 142 Answers

The part is available from It costs $8.74. Just enter the part # and it will come up. Good Luck!! Please rate this solution!! Thanks!

Posted on Oct 05, 2008

  • 2 more comments 
  • Barney Lucas Oct 06, 2008

    Hello again. Sorry, I didn't see that there were not any T902 in stock at tritronics. They can order it for you. Anyway, I obtained the schematic and see that T902 is the standby transformer. The secondary ac voltage is not listed on the schematic, but I know that it is 16 volts from experience. Stand-by DC voltage is 12. I have replaced many,many stand-by transformers and know that you can use the stand-by transformer from any piece of consumer electronic equipment. They all only do one thing. That's to supply 12 volts to the ac relay and a regulated 5 volts to the microprocessor.I have hot glued them upside down onto boards and just run jumper wires to the board i.e. original part was not available anymore. Being a Sony factory trained technician I strongly recommend ordering the original part at They can get it for you. If you still cannot get the original Sony part after talking to tritronics ( 1-800-638-3328) I can find it for you. I am notified by email when you write to me through this link. Once again, Good Luck!!


  • Barney Lucas Oct 06, 2008

    You pretty much hit the nail on the head!! Yes the transformer is an awesome fuse. It isolates the unit VERY well. I'll bet a weeks pay that your unit will power up and work just fine.I have seen it many times.

    The only times I've ever seen one of the glass fuses blow is when the rectifing diodes short. Those units didn't have stand-by transformers when they were hit by a lightning surge.

    Hard to wait for ordered parts , huh? It used to drive me crazy. Oh well, I hope you have a nice day. Let me hear fron you when it's going!


  • Barney Lucas Oct 17, 2008

    Hello again, sir.
    Your service manual is available as a free (2 part) download at It's good luck to get one as a free download!!
    Do you have Radio Shack in your area? I'll bet they have one you could use. The secondary needs to be 16vac. I am VERY busy today and won't be able to get back online until tonight 10/17/08 EST. If I can I will stop in my area's Radio Shack to see if they have one.I will get the part # so even if you don't have a Radio Shack in your area you can order one. Oh yeah, I also have a number of Sony manuals so maybe I can find another Sony transformer you can use. We will find you one somewhere.


  • Barney Lucas Oct 27, 2008

    Hello. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have been very busy and havn't been online. My email address is I just searched "standby transformer" at tritronics and they only listed 12 or so and did not have 1 in stock. That's hard to believe. I'm going to call them tomorrow 10/27/08 to ask what's up. Email me and give me your email address. If everything I try fails I'll send you a transformer by UPS COD. There have been many, MANY units made by manufacturers that use standby transformers. Like I way or another I'll get you Sony going. I look forward to hearing from you.




1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

2 Answers

Sony str-av1020 reciver Power supply transformer burned!

Aug 19, 2016 | Sony Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

How to know Amp and volts Fuses of a volume board RECEIVER SET-DE

Power output divide it by 110

example 600 / 100 + 5.45

you need to replace it with 6 Amperes or the closest as long as it is not lower than 6

Jun 06, 2010 | Sony STR-DE935

1 Answer

I got to replace 2 fuses from a sound board of a reciever Sony STR-DE935 but I lost the old one and now I don't Know how many Amp and volts should I buy to replace it .where I can get it?

If its the sound board both fuses are the same. but if they blew you may have a bigger problem like output transistors shorted. But try replacing fuses first if they blow again thats your problem. Good luck

Jun 02, 2010 | Sony STR-DE935

1 Answer

Sony STR-D611 resistor blown and can not tell what kind or how many bands it is located at R805

A service maual is what ya need unless you already found already. Let me know as I may have one!

Apr 19, 2010 | Sony STR-DE935

1 Answer

DVDR05 Power Supply Board: No output, top blown

Try a small sledge hammer for some up close and personal work.

Feb 21, 2009 | iLO DVDR05 DVD Recorder

1 Answer

Sony str-de935 protector flashing have to shake amp

Sounds like a bad solder connection. check around input jacks and tighten the screws that hold the circuit boards and the heat sink.

Jan 31, 2009 | Sony STR-DE935

1 Answer

No power to unit

OK, No +7 Volt.
It means Stand-by Transformer (T902) is bad / open and you need to replace it.
Its part number is as follows...


Available in Part Store.

Below is an image of 'Standby Power PCB' and T902 is marked with red.


Good Luck.

Jan 15, 2009 | Sony STR-DE898 Receiver

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sony STR-DE935 Logo

Related Topics:

464 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sony Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5190 Answers

Are you a Sony Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides