- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Instructions: - Remove the handset from the charging unit. Press the "Mute" button to enter the "Main Menu."
- Use the "Volume Up/Down" buttons to scroll to the "Set Day/Time" sub menu and press "Mute" to enter it. "Monday," the default day of the week will flash on the screen.
- Use the "Volume Up/Down" buttons to scroll to the correct day of the week. Press "Mute" to select. - Use the number buttons to enter the correct four-digit time. Press the "#" key to switch from AM to PM. - Press the "Mute" button to save the settings and exit setup. The correct day and time will now be displayed on the screen.
I love my old GE coded/cordless phone set, but the cordless phone's buttons won't dial anymore; they get stuck. Can I get a replacement for the cordless phone only? The charging cradle seems to still work. It is Model # 27958GE1 A. Thanks!
You can find manuals for GE cordless phones here. Pick your model from the list. The model number is on the base unit and is a 5-digit number. The page has a link near the top to help you find the number on your phone. (DECT 6.0 is not a model.)
From the Handset Setup Menu: 1. Press the caller ID-volume ( 5 or 6) button to scroll to the TONE PULSE sub-menu. 2. Press mute/program button to enter the menu. TONE/PULSE 41TONE 2PULSE shows in the display. The default setting is “1 TONE”. 3. Use the touch-tone pad or caller ID-volume ( 5 or 6) to enter 1 TONE or 2 PULSE. 4. Press the mute/program button to confirm. You will hear a confirmation tone and your selection shows in the display.
Press the mute/program button, then press the caller ID-volume button to select handset setup (then press mute/program again to select this option). Next press tye caller ID-volume until you get to Default settings (its the last setting so pressing the up arrow is the fastest way to it). Press the mute/program button again to select the option. Use the caller ID-volume button to select 1yes. This will return the phone to the factory settings and for took care of the blinking blue light, however you will loose any custom setting or numbers you entered.
The first time I did this it didn't work, so I did again and toward the end of the steps above the phone beeped at me and stated "Reset Default Settings" (or something like that) then time I hit the mute/program button again and everything worked great. I think that last beep maybe have been a are you sure you want to restore to default question.
Remember tis will erase any custome settings you made on the phone (ring tones, ring volume, memory, etc.)