Question about Televison & Video
I have a samsung LCD
lns4692d, and the picture no longer comes up on the screen, i can go
through multiple sources get sound but no picture. Usually when you
change sources there will be a source name on the screen which does not
show up anymore. The LCD is backlight, and you can see when you change
channels or sources it flashes, but never a picture. Based on other
comments I have taken the back panel of the lcd tv, everyone else who
had this issues states this to be a issue with tcon (timing controll
board) /lcd controller board. Is this the same board where the audio video sources, antennae and cable plug into?
BN94-00963B ASSY PCB MAIN-SPZ LNS4692WX/XAA,AM LCD I have a samsung le52m87bd which has a picture for about 2 seconds when first turned on but the screen the goes blank. Sound stays on. I have seen other posts about another samsung model which seem to say you can replace the t-con board but i am unclear if the problem is the same for this set and if you can get a separate t-con board for the m87 series
Any ideas? Thanks
I have LNS4692D. Returned from vacation, turned tv on - no picture. Tried turning tv off for 4 hours- nothing. Symptoms are: tv is on - no picture , just sound; menu doesn't show, volume bar doesn't show;E.Saving is working - the backlight is changing from lighter to darker.
Found this website and ordered T-con, otherwise known as the LCD panel driver board, p/n# Bn8101286a ( thanks premtech) from partstore.com for $124. Part number BN81-01286A A/S T-CON Board.
1.Remove plastic cover. There is an arrow for each screw that needs to be removed. Make sure to unscrew pins next to VGA port. I've spent some time trying to figure out what else is holding the plastic panel until I found this pins.
2. Remove big metal shield in the middle of tv that is covering main components. This shield is being held by small black screws all around it.
At this point you will see cover of T-CON. Here is the picture
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=118863&d=1220531321 (thanks ldac9). Do not attempt to remove that cover yet. Proceed with a next step
3.Remove metal panel that holds main components. Locate big chrome screws that have arrows pointing to them and unscrew them. Remove 2 more screws on the bottom of the panel that holds it together with a box for cables. At this point the main panel will be lose
4. Carefully start lifting the panel. You will see that there are connectors going from components on the panel to components on the lower panel and T-CON. Carefully unplug these components and raise the main panel.
5. Remove 4 screws that holds T-CON cover. Pull the cover so that T-CON is completely exposed. The cover is connected by thin alluminum , don't hesitate to pull it , but don't rip it out.
6. Once T-CON is exposed you will see 2 red ribbons. I've spent some time to figure out how unplug those from old T-CON board. Here is the suggestion. Don't try to pull it out. All you need to do is to lift small plastic lever that is part of a connector. Then ribbon can be slided out. If not sure what to do, see how this is done on the new T-CON. It has a principle of buckle on airplain safety belts.
7. Remove old T-CON and install new you.
8. Follow reverse order.
I've never fixed TV before , but this was totally successful project.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2016 | Samsung Televison & Video
Aug 06, 2016 | Samsung 40 Inch UA40F6400 Full HD 3D Smart...
Feb 03, 2016 | RCA Televison & Video
Oct 26, 2015 | Samsung PN43E450A1FXZA PN43E450 43 720p...
Mar 31, 2015 | Samsung LN40A550 LCD TV
Mar 07, 2009 | Samsung LN32A330 32 in. LCD TV
Mar 25, 2008 | Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
Mar 13, 2008 | Samsung LN-S4692D 46 in. LCD HDTV
2,131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!