Re: Lost setting from removing a sim card and battery
That happen to me too! I removed the internet features from my phone so if your daughter did this you have to call tmobile to activate it back and the features will come back then she has to save info to her sim card
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First request the phone's IMEI code by contacting customer service for T-Mobile. If you've been a customer long enough, T-Mobile may send the IMEI code, or the code identifying the specific phone, in a few days.Turn off the Sidekick Slide. Remove T-Mobile's SIM card, which is located near the battery. Insert the new provider's SIM card.Turn the Sidekick Slide back on. The phone will detect the new code and ask for the IMEI code. Enter the code. Now the Sidekick will operate using the new network.
Here is your solution: Now follow these steps to a "T" don't do any shortcuts etc, this is "across the board" for all sidekicks it worked on my Sidekick Slide and on my Sidekick 2008.
1. Remove battery and the SIM card from the devise. 2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter "r" on the keypad 3. While holding the letter "r", place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT SIM CARD YET. 4. The Sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter "r" go until it has fully rebooted. 5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, reinstall the SIM card and battery. 6. Power up device. 7. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factory setting.
1. Remove the battery and the SIM card from the device. 2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter 'r' on the keypad. 3. While holding the letter 'r', place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT THE SIM CARD YET. 4. The sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter 'r' go until it has fully rebooted. 5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, re-insert the SIM card and battery and power up the device. 6. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factoy settings.
hello, hope these instructions help:
1. To expose the SIM card slot, peel back the bumper from the top-left edge of the device. (fig 1)
2. Insert the SIM into the slot with the gold contacts facing forward and the cut corner facing out. (fig 2)
3. When you release the SIM, make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it will not spring out.
4. Replace the bumper and turn on the device.
Any problems, let me know :) Si