My computer is only left on for about 5 or 10 minutes and it freezes up to the point where I have to reboot it and it usually takes 4-5 times of rebooting for it to come up to "start windows normally"...
Your computer freezes due to corruptedsystem files. System files corruption is one of the most responsible causes forcrashing the entire computer. Deleting or moving the system files may crashyour computer.
1. Insert the Microsoft Windows Installation CD ROM.
2. Click Start ' Run.
3. Type SFC/ ScanNow and press ENTER.
4. Follow the instructions on your screen.
System registry corruption leads to runtime errors and your computer crashes.Windows Registry is very complex and not easy to repair manually. Hence, athird-party Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software is recommended.
1. Download a Registry Cleaner and PC Optimizer software such as Reginout.
2. Click Registry Cleaner tab.
3. Click Start Scan.
4. The registry scan will start. Wait till it is finished.
5. As per the results, click Fix Now button to start repairing you registry.
Often good registry cleaners include built-in Backup & Restore centre thatlets you recover from an unforeseen situation by simply restoring the state ofyour registry.
Your computer freezes due to problemswith the computer memory. A faulty RAM may result in Blue Screen of Death(BSOD).
In such a case, remove the existing RAM and clean it using a soft cloth. Then,connect it again. The problem may not persist..
Your computer freezes because of a previously failed or incompleteinstallation. An incomplete or failed installation creates junk registryentries and thereby system crashing problem.
Repair the registry entries created by a failed setup and delete the files thatstill remain on your hard disk. Delete the contents of C:\Windows\Temp folder.
Disk Space Allocated by Unnecessary Files
Your computer freezes if the operating system has no adequate free disk spaceto perform its operations. Temporary files, temporary internet files, logfiles, browser cache and other files may occupy a large amount of your diskspace and thus generating runtime errors that crashes your system.
Using Disk Cleaner, delete the junk files from your hard disk. The steps are asbelow:
1. Click Start ' All Programs ' Accessories ' System Tools ' Disk CleanUp.
2. Follow the instructions on your screen
Oct 01, 2010 |
Acer Aspire T690 (AST690UP820A) PC...