- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are getting a light on the Sling Box indicating that it is connected and powered on, you may check your Internet connection to the receiver to make sure you are actually connected.
You can check you Internet connection on your receiver by pressing the Menu button on your remote. This will display the Main Menu on your TV screen. Press 6 (System Setup), 1 (Installation), and 9 (Broadband Setup). Once you are on the Broadband Setup screen, press 1 (Network Setup). An IP address should display on the Network Setup screen. You can also run a connection test on your receiver. If you continue to have problems connecting, you can give Sling Box a call to troubleshoot the Sling Box. Here is a link: http://support.slingbox.com/go/home. I hope this helps.
Hi! I will be more than glad to assist you in this concern. please check this first at your sisters house.. If you are at home of your sister and are not seeing your Slingbox in the SlingPlayer Slingbox Directory, one of two things are going on:
1. The Slingbox is not properly connecting to your router. 2. You have security software on your computer preventing it from talking to the Slingbox. 3. The network connection to your Slingbox is broken.
If the issue is that the Slingbox is not properly connecting to your router, the network light on the front of the Slingbox will either be off or be blinking.
If the network light on the front of your Slingbox is on, then the issue is probably virus or firewall software.
Your Slingbox is all set up, the Network light is on and still you can't find it in your Slingbox Directory in SlingPlayer.
Most of the time if you are at home and in this situation, the problem can be narrowed down to one of the following:
* Your router or router configuration has changed since you plugged in your Slingbox. * Security software on your computer is preventing your Slingbox from communicating with your computer. * You've more than one router on your home network. * You've accidentally connected your computer to your neighbor's wireless network.
If you are using a router on the home network, routers have a built in firewall and in this case. The Slingbox uses port 5001 when it communicates with your router, so
this port needs to be open for your Slingbox to send video outside of
please feel free to get in touch if u have any question..
I had a similar problem with my Slingbox Pro. After some time I realized that the problem was with my router, not my Slingbox. I tried a new router, but that router didn't work well with my Slingbox and Tivo. So I put the original router back, and I plugged it into a timer that automatically turns the power off and on once a day.