Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
I have been connected to the router and it was fine, I recently had to recover my computer and lost all my info, I am trying to reconnect to the wireless but it is asking for a password I don't have anymore, what can I do....??
You need to access the setup of the router and verify the wireless security key.
1. First connect your computer to router (wired)
2. Access the setup of the router (OPen IE Enter 192.168.1.1 Default ip add of linksys router)
3. It will ask for username and password -Just leave username blank and password admin-
-If you changed the router password then you can use your own password
4. You will be directed to user interface of the router (setup page)
5. Look for wireless TAB, after clicking wireless TAB look for WIRELESS SECURITY TAB (Its a small tab under wireless TAB)
6. When You are already under wireless security TAB -Look for Shared Key if you are using WPA and key 1 if you are using WEP-
7. Shared KEY for WPA and Key 1 for WEP- Just use the value of shared key or KEY 1 as you network key-
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
You need to use a working computer with the router then access the router setup page that way you can get the wireless security key, then follow this step:
Open a web browser like internet explorer or Netscape. Enter the ip address of your router in the address bar of your browser. In the picture above the address bar has http://www.google.com in it. Just replace all of that with the ip address of your router. By default the ip address should be set to 192.168.1.1
You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default the username is blank, and the password is admin. Click the Ok button to log in to your router.
When you're already on the Linksys router setup page, click on Wireless tab and look for a sub tab that says Wireless security and there you can find the security key that you're looking for..
Hope that helps..Don't forget to rate the solution FIXYA thank you...
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 11, 2012 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jul 17, 2012 | D-Link Dlink DI-514 Air Wireless 2.4 GHz...
Jan 24, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
May 01, 2017 | Zonet ZPS3611 Print Server
Nov 29, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 12, 2009 | Belkin (F5D8231-4) Wireless Router...
Jan 04, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 17, 2007 | 2wire HomePortal 1100 Router...
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!