Question about Computers & Internet
Post more details
in the mean time try this:
1. if it's a virus or malware clean up your computer (use AVG or avast for virus clean up and Spybot S&D, adware se, and a-squared for other malware.. all of them are free). make sure you update the programs and run them 1 or 2 times depending how contaminated your system is.
2. repair your internet adapter's connection:. in network connections, select right click your network adapter and select repair.. see if you get an valid ip address different from 0.0.0.0
3. Do you have access to your access point / router on the network you have problems with.
you need to have the SSID for your Access point (router) and a key or passphrase (if setup) if you don't have those check with your network administrator
4. did you mess around with the internet options?.. open your browser go into tools, internet options, security tab and reset your internet settings for the internet zone to default.
5. check you are within range and that your wireless adapter is on.
good luck and post more details to be assisted further if needed.
Posted on Oct 04, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2013 | Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router
May 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 15, 2010 | Norton Internet Security 2005...
Feb 06, 2010 | NetGear (IM-WG511T) Wireless Adapter
May 26, 2009 | Siemens Efficient Networks SpeedStream...
Apr 09, 2009 | Linksys -Cisco Wireless-G VPN Broadband...
Apr 02, 2009 | Dell Studio 1537 Laptop
Jan 26, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Dec 01, 2006 | NetGear DG834G 54 Mbps 802.11g Wireless...
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!