I had the blinking yellow light on toner, so I bought a new cartridge. Today the printer refused to print (with the above error message), so even though I did not have a steady yellow light I replaced the cartridge. There is now no yellow light, flashing or otherwise, but it simply will not print. My print queue says printer is ready, and it begins to send, but then nothing, till the error comes up, 'printer paused-failure to read'. Then nothing. I have tried different applications with the same result. I have tried reloading the driver (Mac OS 10.5), and shutting everything off. Nothing helps.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has achieved Level 3.
Re: printer paused-unable to read
1. First, clean your printer. Get some spray-n-wipe cleaner and a clean cloth and clean the entire inside of the printer. Also ensure your paper isn't dirty. Now print a test page. Does the symptom persist? 2. Remove all jammed paper. Check the paper tray first. Look closely at the paper rollers nearest where the paper exits the printer; this is a common source of jams. If you’re trying to print labels, they will often jam just before exiting the printer. 3. Try to print a test page. Does the printer still jam? If you can find no source of the jamming, check the printer's message display window and refer to your user’s manual to look up the printer error code.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The toner may be low or nearly run out. Remove the toner cartridge and give it a shake in a horizontal position, then replace the toner cartridge in the printer. This may give you a few more prints. If not you need to replace the toner cartridge with a new Canon toner cartridge, or purchase a re-manufactured toner cartridge for your model laser printer. These re-manufactured laser cartridges are approx. half the cost of a new toner cartridge.
if you got the seals of of the new cartridge, then sometimes opening and closing the toner door will help the indicator go away. I have 2 of these and sometimes it takes a bit for the toner to work it's way into the system.
the solid light means toner is low. Blinking usually means either the cartridge is out of toner or the cartridge is having a technical problem. If you pull the yellow toner cartridge and put it back in with no change in result, you will need to replace the yellow toner cartidge
In most cases cartridges have a special chip that remembers the toner cartridge serial number an amount of pages printed from it. This means, that even though there still might be some toner left in the cartridge, the chip's counter reaches it's predefined limit and informs printer, that the toner has run out. Just like that, suddenly. It may also be the case, that the chip loses contact with the printer's electrical terminals - try reseating the cartridge in the printer. If that doesn't help, it's time to replace it I'm afraid. Usually the printer will inform "toner low" for some time before it becomes "toner out" and refuses to print. If you get "toner low", then it's time to purchase a new cartridge to have it ready.
light is blinking, and the
printer stops printing.
The print cartridge is
empty or missing.
The printer cannot
detect the print
1. Reinsert or replace the print cartridge.
2. If the print-cartridge light is still blinking but the
Attention light is not on, turn the printer off and
then back on.
3. If the problem persists, repeat the above steps
with yellow print cartridges until the error is
4. If the problem persists, replace the printcartridge
E-label reader, which is located on the
pressure assembly of the print-cartridge
(blinking every 5 seconds)
Indicates that the toner cartridge is nearly empty. Purchase a new toner and have it ready for when Toner Empty is indicated.
Replace the toner cartridge with a new one.
User's Manual is available at the following location:
Hope this helps.