Nintendo DS Touch Screen has all these really distorted colors
Hi, its me again. As I've said, I fix broken hinges, and when I put the DS back together, the touch screens colors were very distorted. (Not when I touch it, just looking at it). I was wondering which of the three ribons would cause this, and how I could fix it without buying a new bottom screen. The words and other stuff still show up, but they are really funky colors. The battery is almost dead, but I don't think that would affect the colors of the screen. Welcome to any advice.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Nintendo DS Touch Screen has all these really...
Well it would be the bottom lcd not the bottom touch since that is just a clear peice of plastic when removed from the lcd it would be your bigger ribbon that would be your display and smaller you touch screen.
try adjusting the ribbon for the screen make sure it clean as well and in good contact with the board.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
well, both of you have a broken fuse, and kgould3 has a broken hinge and screen.
1. well, the it is fairly easy to fix a broken hinge, and the screen is a bit tricky, but www.powergamingparts.com has awesome (free) repair guides that are easy to follow and with a little time and patience you can fix that in a jiffy (they even sell everything you need)
2. the fuses, on the other hand are really difficult. a. you might just want to sell it on ebay and people make a living off fixing and reselling the product b. if you really want to fix it, then you are going to need to resolder the F1 or F2 or both fuses
if you guys want info on it, just notify me and i will give you the details
sorry to say that your top screen needs completely replacing if it is doing as described!!
the bottom screen and the touch screen are seperate, jus mounted on top of each other, so if the picture works on the bottom then the bottom screen is fine just the touch screen is broken. again i think if the cables/ribbons are in correctly and it isn't responding then it will need replacing!!
Nintendo will fix the hinges depending on a few things, first thing would be to determine how the hinges were broken. The hinges are tested before they leave the factory, the only way that they actually break would be because of physical damage/impact. Physical damage is not covered under the manufact warranty so you would get a discounted price depending on if your under warranty or not. Regardless giving them a call and having their techs fix them will be the best bet, not only because you know it will be fixed right and your warranty will start over the day it gets repaired.