Question about Computers & Internet
this is a READ error known as a CYCLIC REDUNDANCY READ ERROR.
If the CD ROM is not able to read from the disc .. it gives u this error
This can come due to many reasons
1. OLD CD ROM - not able to read data properly
2. CD with lot of scratches
3. CD not written properly: Data not burn properly on CD at the time of its make.
Solution: Try to insert a new CD in it and then check whether it works or not
or get a CD LENS CLEANER DISC which will remove any kind of small debris on the lens on the CD ROM and then it will work.
This would surely help
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
SOURCE: word file corrupted. Recovery
Hi this is Tshepo More - South Africa.
1. Perhaps it's a Read-Only and requires some credentials before opening it or ACK to the sender that you have opened his/her doc
2. Did you try virus scan?
3. Try latest Recovery Suite
Posted on Mar 10, 2008
So you have an OEM Windows disc with the activation code? You should be able to install the OS from this. Try taking the battery out for an hour then installing XP. Also go into setup and set the CDROM as first boot device. If Windows installs go back and change first boot device to HDD. If it still won't install try a different CDROM drive. I have heard that some CDROM drives will not install XP. I don't know why but I've heard this rumor. There is also a jumper on the motherboard that resets the CMOS to default. I think it is J1, J2? Try switching that to the other position and turn on the unit. Shut down and move the jumper back. That is all I can think of right now.
Posted on Jan 01, 2009
I had this same problem when I was restoring as well. Are these the Recovery Discs you created or did they come with the system? I had to call up HP and tell them the situation. Since you only get one shot at creation of the discs, there is no way to recreate them. They were kind enough to send me their set of discs at no charge. I'm assuming it was because I had done my job of creating the discs as directed, but the system botched the job. Good luck. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2015 | Apple iPhone 6
on Oct 13, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Using the Recovery Partition:
1. Press [F9] during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Select the language you want to recover and click
4. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click
5. Select a partition option and click
Next. Partition options:
Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other
partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates
a new system partition as drive "C".
Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitionThis option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two
new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery
Make sure to burn off your recovery DVDs as soon as you get you rsystem back up and running so that you have them in an emergency.
Feb 28, 2013 | ASUS X53U-RH11 New
Nov 23, 2012 | Motorola Mobility Defy Cell Phone
Mar 04, 2012 | Samsung Cell Phones
Jul 31, 2011 | HP Media Center m1080n (PC099A#ABA) PC...
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Mar 05, 2011 | Samsung SGH-A877 Impression Cell Phone
Jan 13, 2011 | Compaq Presario 5000 PC Desktop
Feb 15, 2009 | Computers & Internet
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!