Question about Televison & Video
Check your convergence first, use the AUTO adjust feature first then see if this clears up the problem. If the Auto adjust does not work then the following may be in order:
Only do this if you have a background in electronics, if you do not get a qualified TV technician to work on this set.
If you choose to do this yourself, here are the basic instructions:
1. Unplug the TV set
2. Take the rear bottom panel off
3. look for a large heat sink with two large black ICs (STK392-110) (6 sided components but rectangular in shape) on it, and remove the board the ICs are on from the TV set.
4. Unsolder the components using a soldering iron and a suction solder remover.
5. disconnect the components (ICs) from the heat sink
6. Unsolder all of the bias resistors and replace them with the proper values (usually 220, 150, 3.3, 2.2, and 3.9 ohms)
7. install the new ICs (STK392-110)
8. solder all connections IC and bias resistors
9. Inspect for shorts
10. reinstall circuit board
11. Plug the TV set in and turn it on.
I hope this helps
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 26, 2010 | Sony KP-57WS500 57" Rear Projection...
Mar 16, 2008 | Mitsubishi WS-55513 55" Rear Projection...
Apr 15, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KF50WE610 50" Rear...
Mar 08, 2010 | Sony KDF-E50A10 TV
May 13, 2009 | Hitachi 55VS69 55" Projection HDTV
Feb 06, 2009 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
Aug 04, 2008 | Hitachi 43UWX10B 43" Rear Projection...
Apr 09, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 05, 2007 | Philips 60PP9401 60" Rear Projection...
Feb 19, 2017 | Televison & Video
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!