Help! How do I know my GE 25932 5.8 cordless phones are fully charged?
All the manuals say is you are supposed to charge the phone(s) for 16 hours for the INITIAL charge when opening the box. But now that we have the "low battery" signal beeping, how long do I charge for? The manual says that the LCD shoudl say ready, but I NAMED my two phones (rec room and upstairs) so my displays never say "READY."
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suppose you did not allow the batteries to charge for the minimum number of hours before you started using the. switch off the phone, plug the charger and allow to stay like that for close to 30mins. Get back.
the battery is bad and needs to be replace.
the battery has three poles: one ground and two plus
the middle connector is wired with a small thermistor or diode to the plus connector. and this part is bad (open contact), so it will not signal to the phone print board to start the charging proces.
I had this happen. After searching around here and elsewhere, I decided to look at the base station for the phone instead of the phone itself. In the lower right corner of the base station is a button labeled "Do Not Disturb" in inset print. The red LED above it was lit. I pressed the button and this cleared the problem.
No, the battery packs can not be ruined by leaving them in the charger. It is wise to keep both handsets charged up all the time. It won't hurt to leave them off the charger for extended periods..even several days. Of course, the amount of power left in any battery depends on at least two things: the amount of time since the last charge (yes, they do lose power just sitting) and the amount of use since the last charge. In this case, we are dealing with nickle metal hydride batteries and they do not develop a memory like nickle cadmium batteries do. Charge 'em up and just place them back there periodically or always. Not to worry.
If you have the base unit plugged into an outlet that is drawing a lot of current, then the battery won't be able to get enough current to charge the battery. Plug it into an outlet that doesn't have a lot heavy current use. Televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc do draw a rather heavy current when in use. Things like a radio, lights, etc don't draw that much. Also make sure that you place the phone on the charger so that the contacts touch. Then the red "charge" light should come on and you will be in business.