Question about T-Mobile Sidekick
Here is your solution:
Now follow these steps to a "T" don't do any shortcuts etc, this is "across the board" for all sidekicks it worked on my Sidekick Slide and on my Sidekick 2008.
1. Remove battery and the SIM card from the devise.
2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter "r" on the keypad
3. While holding the letter "r", place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT SIM CARD YET.
4. The Sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter "r" go until it has fully rebooted.
5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, reinstall the SIM card and battery.
6. Power up device.
7. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default factory setting.
Posted on Nov 21, 2008
SOURCE: Sidekick II won't read sim card
Yeah, I can help. On the sidekick 08 when placing the card make sure you place the card with the cut edge facing the battery. This phone work with the sim card facing the opposite way. Hope this help:)
Posted on Feb 20, 2009
SOURCE: sidekick lx
Yea the same thing is going on with my sidekick LX right now. Try kicking up your sidekick, and clicking the jump button. go to settings and then systems info.
then proceed to hold down menu + shift + D (the letter)
it'll take u to the diags test selection. uncheck everything except SD Card Dectection. (just as a heads up remove the back cover of your phone and the memory card)
then click start tests. if it still says it cant read your memory card (like what mine did) then u need a new phone. u bought a defective one.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2009 | Sharp Sidekick LX Smartphone
May 30, 2009 | Sharp Sidekick LX Smartphone
Apr 29, 2009 | Sharp Sidekick LX Smartphone
Mar 28, 2009 | Sharp Sidekick LX Smartphone
May 24, 2008 | T-Mobile Sidekick
348 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!