Question about Amana NAV8805EWW 3.3 Cu. Ft. Elustra Tub Washer
Can someone show me a diagram of explane how to replace my belt? thank you all very kindly
I have a similar amana top load washer and just changed the belt. Here are the steps I used to change the belt:
1) Unplug the washer
2) Slide the washer away from the wall about 12"
3) Remove two screws from the bottom of the front panel, slide the front panel down (there are 2 metal tabs that slide into slots on the top of the front panel - observe how they slide into/out of the slots). Set the panel aside.
4) Remove the electrical connector (upper left of motor). Press down on the top of the plastic connector - this will undo the catch hook holding the connection in place). Observe how the belt is routed before proceeding.
5) Remove 4 bolts holding the motor in place. You can remove the motor - even with the water pump and hoses in place - they will flex.
6) Remove the water pump from the motor. There are 3 torx - head screws to remove. Note: You will need a star shaped (torx) head driver (Looks like a screwdriver but with a "star" head on it. The one I used measured just under 3/16 in diameter.
7) carefully remove the water pump. - remove the old belt from main pulley under washer drum and also from the water pump. Insert the new belt - be sure to put the tension pulley on the outside of the belt.
8) Reinstall the water pump to the motor. Reinstall the motor. Route the belt correctly in the water pump body area first - them slide the belt around the left side of the main drum pulley - rotate the pulley counter-clockwise and the pulley will tug the belt onto the pulley. Once in place - check bolts and belt - then reattach the electrical connector (remember to press the plastic lever on top of the plastic connector before sliding it in place). Reattach front panel - slide the top of the panel onto the metal tabs - then attach screws at the bottom.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jul 24, 2010 | Frigidaire FWS833A Top Load Washer
Apr 09, 2010 | Amana Washing Machines
Aug 08, 2009 | Amana NAV8805EWW 3.3 Cu. Ft. Elustra Tub...
Jun 13, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 27, 2009 | Kenmore 22642 Top Load Washer
Mar 27, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
Feb 23, 2009 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
83 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: