Question about Comdial 8324S-PT Corded Phone
We just received headsets and when we turn them off to us the handset our speaker phone part will not work. what am I not doing?
SOURCE: headset compatability
NOTE: Before re-subscribing the system make sure the IntelliStand switch (on the right side of the charging base) is in the "_" position and NOT the "=" position.
The headset and the base unit are supplied subscribed to each other. However, if you wish to use a replacement headset with the base unit (or if you lose your connection to the base unit), then you must re-subscribe as follows:
1. Return the headset to the charging base.
2. Press and hold both the + and - buttons on the back of the charging base until the red light on the front of the base starts to flash.
3. Let go of both buttons. The red light should continue to flash.
4. Press the mute switch (black wheel on the top of the headset) straight down until a green light appears on the headset, then let go of the wheel, and the light should remain on the headset.
5. Resubscription is finished when the red light on the base is fully illuminated and the green light on the headset disappears.
6. Remove the headset from the charging base lift telephone handset/press headset button if not using a handset lifter. The headset and base should now be connected.
7. If this procedure does not resolve your issue to try a system reset.
Posted on Jul 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The HL10 handset lifer is what notifies your headset that
you have an incoming call. If you are using the handset lifter and are not receiving the 3 short beeps in your ear piece there are a couple
different things that could be going on.
1. The internal microphone could have gone out on the lifter. This microphone is what sends the signal to your headset that you have an incoming call. If the microphone is working you will hear 3 short beeps in your headset.
2. If the volume is too low on your telephone, the handset lifter will not notify the headset of an incoming call, so try turning the volume up on your phone and see if that takes care of the problem.
3. The HL10 handset lifter ships with a ring detector that has a 2.5mm jack on one end and a small round microphone on the other end. This ring detector is intended for phones that do not have the speaker located under the handset. You could try plugging this into the back of the lifter and setting the microphone next to where the lifter is mounted on your phone. This might help pick up the sound of the phones ring tone.
If you are manually
lifting your handset out of the cradle and sitting it to the side instead of
using a lifter, then you will not receive the 3 short beeps in your earpiece to
notify you of an incoming call.
Good luck from Headsets Direct!
Nov 03, 2010 | Plantronics Voyager 500A Deskphone Adapter...
Oct 23, 2010 | Comdial 8324S-PT Corded Phone
May 27, 2010 | Comdial Impact 8324SJ-FB Corded Phone
Dec 18, 2009 | 3Com NBX 3102 IP Phone
Nov 24, 2009 | Avaya 2420 Corded Phone
Apr 22, 2009 | Comdial 8012S-GT Corded Phone
Mar 13, 2009 | Mitel 5220 IP Phone
Dec 17, 2008 | Polycom SOUNDPOINT IP 501 SIP
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: