An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: trying to help girfriend in Italy connect HP...
First make sure the wifi is installed properly through device manager in system menu in control panel secondly make sure the wifi is ready to connect to any through network connection in the control panel
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go through some basic steps, insure the power cord is properly connected at the wall and the laptop. Is it doing anything at all when you turn it on, any lights or sounds? Will also need to know what model laptop you have.
øTry to use the website IP address in IE. øDisable/Configure Norton Personal Firewall from Norton Internet Security. øDisable Windows Firewall. øDisable/Enable IE proxy settings, if available. øUninstall Norton by downloading & installing the Norton Removal Tool
If you are not able to connect to the internet after performing these steps then it is not any issue with the wireless and then you need to contact your ISP.
First we need to know exactly what you are trying to do. You say a laptop is on the internet. You apparently are trying to get on the internet with another computer at the same time. If you have dial up, you will have to set up internet connection sharing on the laptop that works. With DSL or cable, you will need to install a router to direct the signal to both computers at the same time.
1. Go to Start, Control Panel, syetm.hardware, device manager. Under network adapters make sure your wireless is there. Note: there is a recall for HP laptops including the DV9000 because they eractically lose their wireless settings. If this is the case call HP tech support.
2. Assuming your wireless card is listed (not the 1394) and there are no red or yellow check marks we can now go back to control panel, network connections.
3. If wireless connection is not listed then click the task Create a new connection. This brings up Welcome to new connection wizard. At this point you should see a line that says to connect to a wireless network in range . . . If this line is there click this then select your SSID (network name). If this line is not there and you're sure the network switch is on and turned blue then you'll need to call HP.
Hey you can change the language settings to English from Japanese. Go to control panel and select the option regional and language settings and change it to English. And if it doesnt work u need to re-format the whole operating system and at the start up u need to select the language as English. Hope this will work
Thanks and Regards Honey