An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: trying to help girfriend in Italy connect HP...
First make sure the wifi is installed properly through device manager in system menu in control panel secondly make sure the wifi is ready to connect to any through network connection in the control panel
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hope this help you.
you need yo reset the router, there is a reset button on the wireless router that you need to click for 10 sec after that, connect everything to your PC and follow instructions on this link bellow.
Go through some basic steps, insure the power cord is properly connected at the wall and the laptop. Is it doing anything at all when you turn it on, any lights or sounds? Will also need to know what model laptop you have.
øTry to use the website IP address in IE. øDisable/Configure Norton Personal Firewall from Norton Internet Security. øDisable Windows Firewall. øDisable/Enable IE proxy settings, if available. øUninstall Norton by downloading & installing the Norton Removal Tool
If you are not able to connect to the internet after performing these steps then it is not any issue with the wireless and then you need to contact your ISP.
check your IP Adress settings are correct for this machine,
Go to start ,then click on run,Type CMD,Then type IPCONFIG/ALL.it will show you a list of all the devices connected to your machine and your local network,
Have you got LAN & WLAN adaptors on board?
this will explain your message,
you will have to set the ip settings on each adaptor
ie LAN 192.168.1.2 and WLAN 192.168.1.3
This wiil help determine which adaptor is to be used when connecting to the network and the internet.
If your using wireless on computer to connect to the internet then run your wizard to help setup the connection
Same for the wired LAN ,use your wizard
The settings for your modem can be reset easily and your ISP will help get you connected to the net because you already have an account with them,
First we need to know exactly what you are trying to do. You say a laptop is on the internet. You apparently are trying to get on the internet with another computer at the same time. If you have dial up, you will have to set up internet connection sharing on the laptop that works. With DSL or cable, you will need to install a router to direct the signal to both computers at the same time.
1. Go to Start, Control Panel, syetm.hardware, device manager. Under network adapters make sure your wireless is there. Note: there is a recall for HP laptops including the DV9000 because they eractically lose their wireless settings. If this is the case call HP tech support.
2. Assuming your wireless card is listed (not the 1394) and there are no red or yellow check marks we can now go back to control panel, network connections.
3. If wireless connection is not listed then click the task Create a new connection. This brings up Welcome to new connection wizard. At this point you should see a line that says to connect to a wireless network in range . . . If this line is there click this then select your SSID (network name). If this line is not there and you're sure the network switch is on and turned blue then you'll need to call HP.