Question about Computers & Internet
for this you gotta now the following:
1. ssid : this is the name of your access point (router)
2. key/passphrase: this is the network security key you configure your router with (if your router has a default configuration (the one that came with the device right out of the box which is not recommended) your key may be a blank key ... you simply don't have one set up.
3. the encryptation method: wep, wpa, wpa2. this goes again to how you have your router configured and if your don't have anything configured with your router in regards to encriptions (not recommeded) you may simply not have any encryptation that you need to select here.
make sure your wireless adapter is working and is on:
your laptop may have a switch on the front to turn your wireless adapter on (i don't know what model of laptop you have so you may want to check the user manual that came with laptop to find the switch) or you may have to turn it within windows. (also check the user manual of your laptop)
now that you have the info needed and your adapter is on there are 2 ways to do this:
1. using your beloved acer empowering technology:
I found this that may guide you through the process of setting up your wireless connection
look under the title: SETUP A NEW PROFILE and follow the instructions..
now if acer empowering does not work... you can try to setup your wireless connection with windows,
2. Using windows vista to setup your wireless connections:
I'm assuming you're using vista so here's a set of instructions with pictures you may want to take a loot at and follow
let me know how it went!
if problems.. post what you see and we'll try to give you hand. (please give as many details as possible)
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 27, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Jan 03, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Dec 08, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 25, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jun 20, 2014 | Computers & Internet
May 21, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Apr 06, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jul 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2017 | Norton Computers & Internet
Mar 24, 2017 | Internet Computers & Internet
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!