Question about Computers & Internet
for this you gotta now the following:
1. ssid : this is the name of your access point (router)
2. key/passphrase: this is the network security key you configure your router with (if your router has a default configuration (the one that came with the device right out of the box which is not recommended) your key may be a blank key ... you simply don't have one set up.
3. the encryptation method: wep, wpa, wpa2. this goes again to how you have your router configured and if your don't have anything configured with your router in regards to encriptions (not recommeded) you may simply not have any encryptation that you need to select here.
make sure your wireless adapter is working and is on:
your laptop may have a switch on the front to turn your wireless adapter on (i don't know what model of laptop you have so you may want to check the user manual that came with laptop to find the switch) or you may have to turn it within windows. (also check the user manual of your laptop)
now that you have the info needed and your adapter is on there are 2 ways to do this:
1. using your beloved acer empowering technology:
I found this that may guide you through the process of setting up your wireless connection
look under the title: SETUP A NEW PROFILE and follow the instructions..
now if acer empowering does not work... you can try to setup your wireless connection with windows,
2. Using windows vista to setup your wireless connections:
I'm assuming you're using vista so here's a set of instructions with pictures you may want to take a loot at and follow
let me know how it went!
if problems.. post what you see and we'll try to give you hand. (please give as many details as possible)
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2012 | Acer Aspire 6930-6941 Notebook
Apr 06, 2010 | Acer TravelMate 4230-6499 Notebook
Feb 23, 2010 | Acer Aspire 4720 Notebook
Nov 05, 2009 | Acer 91.AB370.001 Network Adapter
Aug 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5720-6661 Notebook PC
Mar 26, 2009 | Apevia Keyboard for Acer Aspire 5520,...
Jul 18, 2008 | Acer Aspire 1640Z Notebook
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!