You have probably only 2 options on this one.
1. Try using compressed air. If there is anything keeping the disc from being read, i.e. dust on the lens or some other obstruction, you don't want to touch the laser. Open up the UMD tray and spray out the inside of the tray. This will remove anything that might be causing the system to stop reading discs.
2. If that doesn't work, then the only other option would be to call Sony. It won't be fun if you're out of warranty. The system does carry a 1 year limited warranty, but this should be covered. Oh, Sony can look up the date of purchase if you don't have your receipt, so don't 'fold' if they tell you that you need the receipt. Just tell them to look it up by the serial number.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your PSP isn't reading
games and/or movies and the problem isn't that your trying to play
dirty, bent, or damaged UMD discs there are a number of other reasons
your PSP is not reading disks correctly = - Your UMD motor may be malfunctioning.
- Your laser may have worn down from use over time.
- Your UMD drive tray may be bent.
- There may be a foreign object in your UMD drive
* disks fail to load
* extremely slow loading
* strange whirring noise when trying to read disks
For whatever reason your PSP has stopped reading games and/or movies we
will get your PSP back to you and playing like like new fast! Our price
includes labor, parts, and return shipping via priority mail.
Visit PSP UMD Drive REPAIR if you are interested in an affordable and reliable PSP repair service. We have been serving the whole United States for more than 2 years!
You might have PSP stop reading UMD discs,
First you will do some trouble shooting with what might be wrong with your PSP
first is the Disc Spinning motor. This will not let The disc in the
UMD spin. On a working PSP you will hear the disc start to spin up, then you can hear the
laser start to twitch, followed by the laser motor moving the laser down the
something stuck in the UMD gear, try to clean the gear of arm of dust, plastic, soda, and even hair.
and at the last is the actual laser itself. It will not focus the laser to read
the UMD disc.
Hopefully this help, Pls post back should you need additional information...!