I have a IBM PC WEBCAM alone with the software my system is running on XP. I have tried to down load drivers to get this software to load ,,,no deal the software is designed for windows 98/95..Is there any way I can get an update..Please help me with this issue.I have followed this link...It didn't work http://www.camerahacker.com/WebCam/IBM_PC_Camera.shtml
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IBM 33L4889 Digital Camera your attempting to load a driver that was only meant for windows 95. i have the windows xp patch that will make your webcam work. contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss merans of file transfer.
The IBM 33L4889 PC Camera Windows 2000/XP Driver installation exe will show the following message:
Thank you for downloading the IBM PC/Net Camera Software Driver for Windows 2000/XP.
Make sure the IBM PC/Net Camera is unplugged from the computer before installing this software.
Click [YES] to continue, the exe will then extract setup files to c:\\setup folder.
Go to C:\\setup folder, you will find Setup.exe there, double-click to run it.
Follow on-screen instruction to finish the setup.
After installing the IBM 33L4489 PC camera driver, you will have two exe, namely IBM PC Camera.exe and Vidcap32.exe. You can use IBM PC Camera.exe to take snapshot, make V-Mail as well as capture images.
The first step of this solution has a website that you can download the exact driver that you will need and if your running vista your problems are now fixed.
This fix will work for all of the VEO Stingray problems because it
gives a good driver download site and it tells you step by step how to
get your cam to work with VISTA Good Luck and let me know if this fixed
1.Go to this site and download the driver you need: http://www.softsci.com/veodrivers.htm
2.Download it to your desktop
3. Don't unzip, install, or plug in your cam yet
4.Search for this in your start menu: Program Compatibility Wizard
5. Of the three choices click the one that says look for the program manually
6. Choose the option for XP
7. Choose the 680 x 420 or whatever it is not the 256 colors
8. Choose to run as administrator
9. Click next and it should change your screen to a real big resolution and then it will start to install the driver
10. Go through the install wizard
11. After it has loaded plug in your camera
12. Try a program that it is supposed to work with
13. Finish the Compatibility Wizard
now everything should work for your cam. This works with all of your programs that vista will not run.