Question about Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
I have a brother 5250DN printer, anytime i try to print I see red flashing light.
Can anybody help?
Manual Feed Command.
1. Press the Job Cancel button to cancel the print job. Delete the print
job in the print queue on the computer. You can quickly access the print queue by double clicking the Printer icon in the task
tray or dock.
2. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer.
Check that the front cover is closed.
3. Turn the printer power switch ON while holding down the GO button
until the Toner, Drum, and Paper LEDs are lit.
4. Release the GO button. All LEDs will be off.
5. Press the GO button 8 times. The green Status LED will flash briefly
while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Status LED
will be lit green.
6. Print the Print Settings by pressing the GO button three times. If
the Print Settings pages do not print and the Paper LED is on again skip
to the next section - No Paper in the Paper Cassette.
If the Print Settings pages print, the problem is isolated to printing
from your computer. The Paper Source of the Brother printer driver or
program you are printing from may be set to MP Tray or Manual, instead
of Auto Select, Tray 1, or Tray 2 (if the optional paper tray is
installed). To check the Paper Source setting of most programs, click
File and Page Setup or Page Layout. You may need to click the Paper
Source tab or Paper tab depending on your software application. Verify
that in the Paper Source section does not list MP Tray or Manual. Choose
Auto Select, or another relevant source such as Tray 1. Click OK. Try printing the document again.
No paper in the paper cassette.
1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
2. Insert the letter or legal size paper into the paper tray with the
top edge of the paper first and the print side down. Make sure that the
paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. If using a
paper size other than letter or legal, the paper should be loaded in the
MP Tray. The MP Tray can print on paper from 2.75 in. by 4.57 in. up to8.5 in. by 16 in.
3. While pressing the blue paper-guide release lever, slide the paper
guides to fit the paper size. Make sure that the guides are firmly in
the slots. For legal size paper, press the lever located at the back of
the tray and pull out of the back of the open tray.
4. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer. Press the GO
button. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed. If
the alarm continues, follow the steps below.
Paper Jam at Paper Pick-up.
1. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer.
2. Remove the paper cassette from the printer.
3. Elevate the front of the printer slightly to locate the jammed
4. Gently remove the jammed paper.
5. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer.
6. Turn the printer power switch ON. If the alarm clears, no further
troubleshooting is needed.
Posted on Oct 02, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2010 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Feb 02, 2010 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Jan 13, 2010 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Sep 21, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Jun 23, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Jun 19, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
May 15, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Apr 14, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Oct 27, 2008 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
635 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: