Question about Computers & Internet
1. Load the system recovery disk into CD-ROM
2. Press F10 repeatedly at boot screen to load the Recovery Menu
3. Press R for the recover console
4. Select "Advanced Options"
5. Press Alt + D to bring up the command prompt
6. type "cd h:\" to enter the root directory
7. type "dir /w" to view the directory in wide view
8. open the master.log file (or something along those lines), this should bring up a prompt asking you what program to open it with, you should only be able to select notepad.
9. open the file with notepad and when it appears select the File>Open
10. in the file name box type in "C:\hp\bin\configcheck\run.py"
11. once the file opens clear the contents and select save as then save the file as run.p_
12. close the notepad program
13. delete the original file by typing "del C:\hp\bin\configcheck\run.py"
14. reboot system
After a reboot the windows screen might flash a few times and take a little longer to load, be patient and you should be able to continue with the windows set-up without that damned code purple error message.
Posted on Nov 20, 2008
I dont have a recovery cd it is bulit in how do i open the master.log... the folder that im in is c:\minint\system32\
how do i go tp C:\Hp\bin\configcheck\run.py ??? please help
Posted on Apr 14, 2011
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2014 | HP OEM AC Adapter Power Cord Supply Cable...
Mar 27, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Aug 29, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Sep 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1610n PC Desktop
Mar 26, 2010 | HP PC Desktop
Nov 28, 2009 | HP Pavilion m7560n PC Desktop
May 16, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 18, 2018 | Computers & Internet
2,971 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!