Question about Tomtom GPS Devices
Tips for a great answer:
This issue might occur due to the QuickGPSFix data or the application on the device being corrupted.
To correct the issue, we will need to clear the Download, Ephem and Empheris folder contents.
The 'Downloads' folder will now need to be cleared. The steps to perform this are listed below:
1) Click 'Start' and go to 'My Documents'.
2) In 'My Documents' there is going to be a TomTom folder, open this.
3) There should now be a HOME folder, open this.
4) There will now be a 'From Device' folder, delete this entire folder.
5) Once this folder is deleted, open the 'Downloads' folder and delete everything inside of it.
Now let us delete the Ephemeris folder contents from the computer first, since it saves the GPSFix information. If this information is corrupted, it can prevent the device from acquiring the satellite signals and locking onto them.
To do so:
1. Unplug the TomTom device from computer (if connected).
2. Fully Exit TomTom HOME.
3. Locate the "Ephemeris" folder in the following location on your computer:
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete
Windows Vista: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete
Macintosh: Macintosh HD/<username>/Documents/TomTom/HOME/Download/complete
4. Select all the contents of ephemeris folder and delete them.
Close that window and connect the TomTom device to the computer. Then open [My Computer] and double click on TomTom Drive icon to open. Delete the contents of Ephem folder. This should delete the contents of GPSFix from the device as well.
You can then update the device to download the latest device updates, which will automatically include the QuickGPSFix update. Hence forth the device should detect the GPS signals correctly
Apr 02, 2011 | Tomtom XXL 540S GPS Receiver
Jul 30, 2010 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jul 20, 2010 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Jun 11, 2010 | Tomtom GPS Devices
Oct 14, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Dec 13, 2008 | GPS Devices
Dec 11, 2008 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Nov 19, 2008 | Tomtom GO 720 GPS Receiver
Oct 11, 2008 | Tomtom GO 300 GPS Receiver
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!