- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check and replace all electrolytic capacitors in the vertical output section circuit. There will be 5 or 6 of them to replace. Replace all at one time. The fault you describes here is technically known as 'vertical retrace lines'. Visit the site named 'Electro-help' for
more details. Click this link. View it in
'Flip card' option, which can be selected from the drop down box
menu by the [Sidebar] tag, at the top left corner of the display
window. It will make search easy. There
are more than 990 posts to different brand TVs now. Sometimes, you might get some more details from there.
Hi I had the same problem. Broken white lines across the top of the screen. This is called overscan. You need to go into the Setup menu, other settings. 16:9 overscan needs to be on. Hope this helps.It solved our problem.
It sounds like a vertical deflection problem. You mentioned you had a white HORIZONTAL LINE in the middle of the screen. If this line runs from left to right across the screen it's in Verticla deflection. If it runs from top to bottom, it's in Horizontal deflection. I am assuming the problem is a Vertical deflaecion problem. The repairs necessary are most likley to replace the vertical capacitors or the verticla deflection chip.
NC Electronic Mills, Wyo USA
You need to consider the following tips herein as follow:
1) Field collapse (horizontal white line on screen) R710 dry joints. Same as C2146TN & C2546TN problem solved with thanks to Mike G & Barty. Power off/unplug. Get to circuit board underside with aerial socket up-R710 is near top and right of centre-cluster of 4 joints best resoldered
2) Picture is horizontally narrowed and deformed Capacitor C2913 (390nF, 250V) on the deflector PCB had lost capacity
TV FINE UNTIL 2 NIGHTS AGO HAVE HAD 4 YEARS, STARTED HAVING A FOGGY SCREEN WITH WHITE HORIZONTAL LINES. HAS SOUND
A FOGGY SCREEN WITH WHITE HORIZONTAL LINES. called retrace lines please check
1 screen control on eht transformer is mituned
2 supply to screen of crt
3 supply to rgb video output is absent
4 connector loose
5 crt base loose