Okay here we go...I got my phone wet but then I dried it off quickly and bacially forgot about it for a month. Now I went back to see if it would work or if I would have to buy another one and it does have life to it...but it take's soooo long to boot up from the sprint screen!! Any idea's?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When this happens, immediately remove the battery. Let the phone dry (it may take several hours) before you put the battery back in and try to turn it on. If it is only water, and you act quickly enough, your phone may be okay.
If your phone was accidentally thrown into water or washed you need to
carefully open the phone by unscrewing the back portion but remove the battery first.
After opening the phone let it air dried. DO NOT expose to heat or direct sunlight. Better if you can just expose it to a open electric fan OR a hand dryer and let the air dry it for several minutes or might take longer for pure air dry let's say 3 to 5days of drying.
After minutes/several days make sure all surfaces are dry, chips, case, keys etc....
if the battery is working okay no need to replace but if not after all the drying better if you get a new battery don't use the old wet one.
put the phone back together (make sure you put all the parts just like before). It should work now....
Samsung captivate got wet and now phone dosen't turn on do not worry put out your sim card and memory card and battery put your mobile under table lamp 3 or 4 hours when the water is dry in your mobile put back battery sim and memory card back and turn it on i hope it work i think it is helpful to you please vote me thanks
Your phone's headphone jack port is shorting. Try turning the phone off then dry it with a hair dryer for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and see if it helps, if it doesn't well you now have a permanent damage on your phone, its probably the headphone port controller, its busted...
Take the battery out of your phone and put your phone and the battery inside of a bag full of dry white rice. Seal the bag and leave it for 24-48 hours. After that time, take it out and see if the keys work like normal again. (White rice absorbs moisture quickly and will dry out your phone quickly)
when phones get wet they start to rust from the inside, unfourtunaly this is a long prosses and can take a few months but usually if the phone has got very wet they will not work propley again. they may work temperally but eventually it will probably be completly usless. in future if u wet a phone try drying it immediatly with a hairdryer, inside the battery bit too, this may help the water inside the phone not to cause rusting. sorry about your phone.
I figured it out. I went to tons of websites before I figured it out. you need to order a new flex cable for your phone (only cost about $8 from the website I got it at, which is a lot better than paying $50 or more for a new phone) make sure it's the one that goes to your phone. Once you get it you can install it yourself, just be careful and make sure you pay attention to where it all goes, it shouldn't be too hard. I haven't gotten mine yet but I'm already positive it's going to work, tons of other people have this problem and fixed it this way.