I have a pair of infinity 6x9 300w speakers, they are only about one and a half years old. I noticed that one of the speaker isnt working properly. Its a 3way speaker and only the tweeter is working on one speaker, the cone itself isnt working at all, so no bass is coming from the speaker. I have checked the wiring and it isnt that, the speaker itself apears to be in perfect condition, no damage to the cone, so i think it may be a wiring problem inside the speak, but i dont know if i can get to it. Is it possible to take it apart or what should i try?!
Any advide would be greatfully recieved! Thanks, Chris
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
double check the ratings on the speakers and amp. speakers that size don't usually require an amp. compare the wattage and resistance numbers, if you haven't fried an amp, you may have blown a speaker. another possibility is a short in the channel. check wiring connections.
It may not be worth the expense, but if the cone or surround are torn, they can be replaced by a speaker repair shop. I just had a pair of JL 10W6's re-edged (the foam surround around the cone deteriorated after 11 years), and the repair cost $100 for the pair, including parts.
There is a short in your wiring somewhere, unfortunately, it would be impossible for me to tell you where it's at. The best advice I could give you is to start at the speakers and work your way back. Hope this helps and good luck!
Rockford fosgate usually work best with 2 ohm speakers. Depending on the resistance of your speakers, will then give you best connection. Check the resistance for the subwoofers. If the subwoofers are two ohm then connect them directly right and left. But if they are 4 ohm connect them parrallel (positive to postive, negative to negative and bridge the amp.) Good Luck, please rate.
If the speaker has been overdriven, it may have damaged the cone surround or damaged the speaker coil, causing it to 'rub' inside the magnet. To check for rubbing, you need to move the speaker cone backwards and forwards by hand and listen where the speaker coil/cone goes into the magnet. It should be silent if ok. If you can heara rubbing or grating noise, then the speaker is damaged. If the output driver on the amp is damaged it can give a distorted sound, which could easily happen if it tries to provide too much current.