Our printer is giving us the U150 error code. tried holding the stop/reset button down but this did not work. You said "do this for each cartidge sequentially" I am not sure what you mean by "sequentially". Could you please expain. We are having a problem with the middle "Y" cartridge.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: error code U150 on Pixma MP830
U150 error is ink tank not recognized, it happens alot on the y cartridge. i would advise you to get a version 3 cartridge. on the back of the cartridge if you hold it in the right light you will see a code like 2AHU 3FGH, this tells us its a version 2, i would maybe buy a version 3 or 5 with a updated chip, this will work fr you, if the fault is still there then the 4 contacts in the carriage unit that reads the cartridges is prob bent or broken!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you encounter "Error Code 5B00" it means that the Printer Counter Protection is Full and it required a reset and Ink wastepad replacement, if you want your printer to work again. There are two ways to reset the Canon MP830 printer, One is by using a Software tool and the other is manually resetting the EEPROM of the printer. Below is the step by step procedure on how to reset your Canon printer.
1. Using Mptool Software to reset Canon MP830 Printer Turn of printer then run mptool software this software automatically detect the printer. Click reset main and reset platen button in the waste ink counter section. If you want to reset the cartridge ink level, click reset black and reset color in the ink counter section.
2. Manual Reset of the printer Turn off the Printers. Press and Hold the button Resume/Cancel then press POWER button. Release the Resume/Cancel button while keeping POWER button on press. Press Resume/Cancel 2 times and then release all the buttons. When the indicator recorded GREEN - click Resume/Cancel 4 times! Turn off and On the Canon Pixma MP Printers. And your done.
Got this same U150 error code( Ink Cartridge not recognized) tried reinstalling... no luck... got a new one... no luck.... now collecting dust after I completely disassembled my MP830, checked all connections and reassembled it... stil the same U150 error code....and a new HP 7280 is on its way.... if a fix comes up for this.... I will have it fixed.. GREAT all-in-one! This is the only problem I have ever had with it...
1. Just open and close the cover a bid, this will initiate new checking of all ink cartridges 2. clean the contacts of the inkcartridge chip e.g. with spirit 3. Press the reset/stop-button for >10s to quit the error ... but be aware that the ink level will no longer shon correctly