What is the unlock code
If you just need the unlock code see below
You will need to use a "universal" remote control like the One4All 'Kameleon'.
Firstly configure the remote for your sony DVD player:
1. select dvd device on remote
2. hold magic button until rabbit comes out
3. enter device code 0533
Now we need to program buttons 1..5 (you may want to use the buttons with roman numbers at the bottom of the remote, and use another button for V, which doesn't exist) with the following codes, read below for instructions:
1 - 189
2 - 255
3 - 095
4 - 221
5 - 079
For some "universal" remotes, all of the buttons you need to reprogram need to be prefixed by 00. So 1 would be '00189'
This is how you program those numbers:
1. Hold magic button until rabbit comes out.
2. Press 994.
3. Press magic (don't hold).
4. Enter 3 digit code from above.
5. Press button (1..5) where to program it.
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.
That works, but more information on macros is included in the one4all manual for you particular model.
Having set up the remote with the codes unlock the player as follows:
1. Remove disk, put player on standby.
2. Press 1,2,3,4,5 - SUCCESS is displayed and player starts up.
3. Press 1,2,3,4,5 - player shuts down and the unit is region free.
Note that you try this at your own risk as Sony do not support this "feature".
May 28, 2014 |
Sony DVP-PQ2 Portable DVD