As said make sure your hot sync manager is open, remove the battery till phone shuts off, replace battery and hold the cord where it goes into the phone nice and tightly in place. (seems all the issues are related to that cord where it goes in) and then hit the black button on the cord. worked for me and as i see in other posts others as well. Good luck.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Palm Desktop compatibility with Windows 7 and 64-bit editions
Palm Desktop 6.2 was designed for 32-bit editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista. You may be able to use this software with other versions of Windows. Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and used Palm Desktop 6.2 with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility. 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. Instead, synchronize through a Bluetooth wireless connection: set up Bluetooth HotSync.
Performing a hard reset on a Treo 650will erase everything on the smartphone. Most people do this because of
trouble with the Treo 650's software. There are several key stages to
performing a hard reset. Follow these steps to learn how to do it
HotSync the Treo 650 to your computer to ensure that you have
all of your information backed up. You will lose everything on your
Treo 650 with a hard reset.
and hold down the red phone key on the right side of the Treo 650
keyboard until the Palm screen appears. This will begin the hard reset.
Let go of the red phone button when you see the Palm screen.
the screen prompt carefully. It will ask you to press the up arrow key
to proceed with the hard reset or the down arrow key to abort. Press
the up arrow to continue with the hard reset.
for the phone to reboot. When it comes back on, it will ask you to
select a language and walk you through the same introductory screens
you saw when you first got the phone.
your Treo 650 to your computer. When prompted, select your old username
to restore all of your contacts and information. This should complete
the hard reset process.
unfortunately, the password is made for protection from accidental or intentional access. The only way to bypass this would be to perform a hard reset and then hotsync your phone with your computer to put your contacts back on your phone.
For performing the hard reset that reformats your phone to factory condition, please follow the instructions below:
1. Press and hold down the red phone key on the right side of the Treo 650 keyboard until the Palm screen appears. This will begin the hard reset
2. Let go of the red phone button when you see the Palm screen.
3. Read the screen prompt carefully. It will ask you to press the up arrow key to proceed with the hard reset or the down arrow key to abort. Press the up arrow to continue with the hard reset. 4. Wait for the phone to reboot. When it comes back on, it will ask you to select a language and walk you through the same introductory screens you saw when you first got the phone. 5. HotSync your Treo 650 to your computer. When prompted, select your old username to restore all of your contacts and information. This should complete the hard reset process.
Assuming you are running Palm OS and not one of the rare beta Windows Mobile versions, here is my take on this.
Are you using a USB or Serial Sync cable? With either solution, make sure that the setting on the Palm Desktop Hotsync Manager is set to the correct setting (either USB, Serial, IR, etc). Conflicts between the cable type and the settings on your PC are common.
I prefer using USB cables since they are faster and you can tell if you are connected quicker than with a serial cable. Initiate the sync via your phone or the Palm Desktop Manager software. I have had faulty cable sync buttons and this was a good solution for me. If you haven't tried a new sync cable, you might want to.
Actually if you have time and a laptop, you can take your Treo to a Palm store and borrow one of their cables to try and sync. They were really helpful whenever I went in there.
What is happening with the Sync? Does your PC and the Palm Desktop Manager recognize your TREO 600? If not, the issue may be that somehow the driver for your device was removed. I would suggest upgrading to the latest version of the Palm Desktop Manager and try plugging in your TREO 600 again and try synching.
You also have to make sure that the setting on the Palm Desktop Manager is the same as the type of cable you are using. If it is a USB cable, have that setting on your PC's Palm Desktop Manager Hotsync settings.
Please try the following:
1. Pop the Software Installation disk that came with your treo into your pc and allow it to autoplay.
2. After the disk begins playing, you will be prompted to choose your language-do so.
3. After a second a new dialog box will appear-Select the option "Change your syncronization method"
4. Select "Use Microsoft Outlook to manage Calendar, contacts, tasks and more.
5. Perform a hotsync
6. Open your versamail and hit the sync button