- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This tutorial will show you how to check your Smeg element and how to replace your Smeg cooker element.
Here are the 3 main faults to look for in your oven or cooker that is not heating
Your oven will not work until the clock/timer has been re-set after replacing an oven element or tripping the electrical supply. Consult your Smeg manual.
If your Oven is not getting hot or heating up it could be a faulty element, if the fan in the oven is running and the thermostat light is on, this will lead us to believe that the element has gone faulty. With grills the thermostat light should come on there should be heat, if not then this could be the grill element or the thermostat.
When you turn the oven on, the household electrical supply trips on the Rcd (this is the earth trip in the fuse board sometimes called the breaker tripping) your fan oven element has gone to earth and needs replacing.
Open the lower oven door and remove the 2 screws on the left and right trim pieces. Be careful not to drop the trim pieces and bend them. Locate and remove the screws on each side of the control panel and push up on the panel gently to get it off the hangers. Behind the control panel is an over heat fuse that has popped. It plugs into a harness on the back side of the panel. This trips/breaks it's connection from either the oven over heating the cleaning cycle or just from age.? Once fuse is replaced you're good to go. Hope this helps.
HI, Sounds like your from the UK If you are referring to a trip switch as being equivalent to an American circuit breaker. (Electrical safety device designed to shut down power to an electrical appliance). Then we are on the same page. Do the following diagnostic procedure: 1 SHUT DOWN THE POWER SUPPLY TO THE OVEN. I.E. THE TRIP SWITCH/CIRCUIT BREAKER. 2 Open the oven door and look very carefully with a flashlight at
the heating element. Look at the the entire element. If
it blew (similar to when a light bulb blows) you will find white
powder around the hole in it or it will be completely broken, or have
bubbles in it. Some indication like that. If so it has failed and
must be replaced. It is probably tripping the switch because it is shorting out somewhere. There is also the possibility that the internal wiring connectors to where the element is mounted into the oven walls is broken off and short circuiting against the oven chassis (walls). That being the case, it may be just a wiring repair in which you install new appropriate electrical contacts and re-connect the element. Hope this helps, Happy New Year, Mark
Member Discussion on Whirlpool GMC305PRS01 Microwave Oven
Whirlpool Wall oven/microwave combo unit Door message Does anyone know where the 15 amp fuse is? I replaced the 20amp fuse and it worked for a minute or two and then I opened the door and I blew my circuit breaker. I reset my circuit breaker, replaced the 20 amp fuse and now all I get is the Door message. I also noticed that it fused the outside switch on the right side of the door so I had to open the switch up and un-fuse it. This is for a whirlpool GMC305PRS01 Wall Oven/microwave combo unit.
Also if anyone could tell me the correct position the wire is supposed to be hooked up on the switches? I had someone help me take the switch out and they unhooked the wires and now we aren't sure how they are supposed to be hooked up. My light on the microwave doesn't work either. Is it possible the bulb blew when the fuse blew?
the electric went off wasnt sure why at the time but when i reset the trip fuse my oven stopped heating up so somethingobviously blew in the oven to cause the the elctrics to trip,
does anyone know how to replace the heating element, also the fan on the top isnt working either
yes the oven thermal fuse blew when the fan went off its also called a tcoswitch if you pull out the oven and take the top off there will be a tech sheet there that will give the location of the tco some are on top some are on back this can also happen if the oven is too tight in the cabinet not enough room around it to let the heat dissipate its a round metal disc with two wires on it