Question about Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port Switch, Retail Box (DSLSBEFSR41)
I dont know whats wrong but whenever we plug in the router the internet will refuse to work. Our modem wont allow the internet to work....please help.
It is hard to tell from here with the amount of detail supplied but here goes...
There are a number of things that could cause this:
1) Modem does not realize that the router is plugged in and has not given it an IP Address. Unplug the power to the modem and the router. Wait 60 secs and plug in the modem, wait another 60 secs and turn on the router, 60 seconds after this boot up your computer.
2) Some ISPs record the MAC addresses of the device connected, if this is the case you need to dig ot the router manual (page 53), go into the management console and have the router clone the MAC address.
3) Miswired. It should be ISP cable to modem, cat5 from modem to the WAN port on the router and then a cat5 cable from any of the ports labeled 1,2,3,4 to the computer. In your setup do NOT use the uplink.
4) Misconfigured router. Reset the router back to factory default by inserting a paperclip into the tiny reset switch located in the front panel.
5) Defective router or cable.
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 27, 2011 | Cisco Linksys Wirelessn Router Black...
Jul 19, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Oct 31, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Aug 25, 2009 | ON-Q Home Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2009 | U.S. Robotics USRobotics USR5461 Wireless...
May 10, 2009 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Apr 24, 2009 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 Wireless Router...
Jan 25, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 30, 2008 | Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port...
Apr 28, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 09, 2011 | Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL Router W/4 Port...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!