THE DOOR ON MY MAYTAG MICROWAVE OVEN HAS A SCREEN OVER IT. I HAVE SOME FOOD SPATTERS THAT PENETRATED THE SCREEN AND I CAN'T CLEAN THE GLASS THAT THE SCREEN PROTECTS. HOW CAN I REMOVE THIS SCREEN TO CLEAN THE GLASS?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Typically most arcing in a microwave is caused by food splatter. A microwave cannot tell the difference between what is on a plate or on the wall or ceiling. Every food particle in a microwave will continue to cook until it turns to carbon and will attract the microwave energy and focus it to that spot and the unit will arc. Thorough cleaning of the entire microwave cooking cavity and removal of any burn or soot mark will commonly stop the arcing. If your microwave has a painted cavity, you can even use some very fine sand paper to remove any burn mark. Always cover what you are warming and really keep the inside of the microwave clean. If your wave guide cover is made out of the Mica board, and If it has gotten wet from cleaning or from splatter, it must be replaced. You can either order a new one or order a sheet of the mica board and cut out a new one yourself. If the microwave is arcing in the waveguide, generally the unit will need to be replaced. One quick test to see if the unit will work is to remove the bad cover and place a small container of water in the unit, run the machine of a minute or so and see if it still arcs. If it does, the arcing is in the waveguide area, if not it may have just been a problem with the cover. You can run the unit without the waveguide cover in place, it is only there to prevent splatter from getting into the waveguide, so removing it to test the unit is ok. If the area inside the wave guide shows signs of soot and arcing. You can try to wipe that out with some alcohol or lacquer thinner and then try it again. Good Luck.
Loosen up gunk and grease splattered inside your microwave by following this simple tip. Fill a pyrex measuring cup or other microwave safe bowl with one cup water and put in microwave on high for three minutes. This should bring the water to a boil. Let it set in microwave for several minutes with the door closed.
Then, wet a sponge or soft rag with a tablespoon of vinegar. If you need a degreaser, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to it. Wipe microwave clean with the rag or sponge. The microwave will practically clean itself. Now that was easy!
The parts can be ordered from the Panasonic authorized parts rep. You have to contact Panasonic for details.
I strongly recommend to have any work on a microwave oven done professionaly. There are radiation leakage issues if the door is not re-assembled properly. After doing any service the microwave oven must be tested for radiation leaks. I doubt that you have the radiation testing equipment to make sure that there are no leaks.
A LOUD ticking sound could very well be a High Voltage Arc. This is usually caused by a breakdown of insulation on High Voltage Wires, or components. It can also be arcing between the door frame and the cavity. Usually where the bottom of the cavity floor meets the door frame. Indication of this will be small areas on the door where it looks like the paint has been chipped off, but if you look close you will see it is small burned marks. Another area is the Splatter Shield located inside and at the top. It looks like a Plastic Cover. It is not plastic, but a fiber material. Grease, and food will get trapped on and under this Splatter Shield. Over a period of time the grease and food particles will break down from being cooked over and over again. They will then form Carbon. Which will Arc when Microwaves are present. Remove Push-Pins holding Splatter Shield. Clean by washing with dish detergent . If burned (arc) spots are still present after washing, replace Splatter Shield or arcing will continue. Once Carbon has burned through, it will continue to burn.