Try cleaning the copper contacts of the cartridge and the inner area of the slot where the cartridge goes in..
Also go to the Printer & Faxes under Control Panel and open the printer's properties..select Printing Preferences >> Paper / Quality >> under the color section check if "print in greyscale" is checked..
it shud not be checked...
save changes and try to print
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It depends. What is your OS? If you have Win7 or Vista, you installed the basic driver in the OS. That does not include the full featured HP Toolbox and HP Solutions Center. You need to check the ink levels by printing a test page or an ink low monitor on the printer (either a light or a LCD screen display). For those OS's that have the full-featured software available, make sure it is installed and running (if you installed the basic driver, uninstall it first).
Try this procedure: 1. Open printer lid so cartridges move to center of carriage.
2. Lift clamp and remove black or color cartridge from the holder.
3. Place cartridge on table with copper contact strip facing you.
4. Carefully place a strip of clear plastic tape over the four contacts on the upper left corner of the cartridge.
5. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position.
6. Open lid and remove cartridge again. Remove tape from left side and
place tape over four contacts at upper right corner of cartridge.
7. Reinstall cartridge in printer and close lid. Wait until cartridge returns to parking position again.
8. Open lid again, remove cartridge, remove tape.
9. Reinstall cartridge and close lid.
Printer will now recalibrate. Once the process is complete the ink level meter should be reading full again.
I hope this helps, if so please rate our solution.