Question about HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
When i press print on the computer this message pops up on my printer..."ink system failure" i can not print, can u please help me!
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Sep 22, 2014
SOURCE: Ink system has failed.
ok i got it...
Press and Hold the “Print Photos” &”Red Eye Removal” buttons. Release both buttons. Display should say”Enter Special Key Combo”
Press and release in sequence”Red Eye Removal”,”Print Photos”,”Red Eye Removal”
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev: COxxFN0723BR (or something like that)
Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu"
Press and release the “OK” button.
Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
the printer will get ready as if it were starting perfectly for a first time, it will say something like: printer preparation occuring - do not interrupt
print a test page:
1) Load letter, A4, or legal unused plain, white paper into the input tray.
2) Make sure that the printer is on and loaded with unused plain, white paper.
3) Press Setup . The Setup menu appears.
4) Press the down arrow button to select Tools , and then press OK .
5) Press the down arrow button to select Self-test Report , and press OK . The self-test report prints.
if this doesn't work, i'd call hp support.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
just follow this steps may help you out otherwise you need to change it.
Check to see if the installed cartridge is the correct one for the printer. . If the cartridge is the proper part number, remove the ink cartridge and make sure all the packaging tape has been removed from the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge. Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again.
If the error continues, remove the cartridge again and clean the copper circuitry strip on the backside of the cartridge, and the contacts inside the printer, by following the instructions below:
1. Use a clean, dry, soft, lint-free cloth. Locate the copper-colored circuitry strip on the back of the cartridge.
2. Wipe the copper-colored strip with the dry cloth. Use an upward motion, from the nozzle end to the top of the cartridge. Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the nozzle plate. Wipe the contacts only once.
3. To clean the printer contacts, carefully look for fibers or contamination on the electrical contacts inside the carriage assembly, but do not wipe the printer contacts with any object. The contacts in the printer can be damaged if too much pressure is applied during a wiping process. Try to remove any visible attached debris within the carriage assembly by gently pulling the debris off with your fingers. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, contact the HP Customer Care Center listed in the printer's User's Guide.
Reinsert the cartridge and try printing again. If the error continues,then you can go for repair or buy a new one .but i advise you to dont go for repairing bcoz it is 3 year old .
Have a nice day and do not forget to rate please...!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Hi I found this I know your error not in here but it may work for
It worth a try nothing to lose and it may work.
I know your error code is not in this but it some times it clean the error with this type of error number you can gave it a go try not harm it
Error code: 0xc18a0201, 0xc18a0206, 0xc18a0306, 0xc18a030a, 0xd0620130, 0x887dd03a, 0xd05d010d, 0xf0af8004, 0xc19ac3ff, 0xc18a050...
Reset the product:
1. Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product.
2. Remove the cartridges from the product.
3. Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
5. Wait 60 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
7. Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
8. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
9. Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2011 | HP Photosmart D7360 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 27, 2011 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Dec 31, 2009 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
May 06, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2008 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jun 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart 8250 InkJet Printer
Jun 06, 2008 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
May 15, 2008 | HP Photosmart D7460 Printer
Mar 28, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
666 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!