Question about Siemens Efficient Networks SpeedStream 2623 (SS2623) Wireless Router
Tried for sooo long, im not good with computers so a little help would be appreciated. I have a Siemens Speedstream and i cannot get my Wii to connect to the router that is supposedly emiting a wireless network. I neeed to change the WEP key but cannot access the Router options!!!!! I have tried many different things and cannot find a solution. HELP!
To access the SpeedStream 2623 management interface:
1. Open your Web browser and enter the SpeedStream IP address http://192.168.254.254 in the browser Address box. The SpeedStream 2623 will automatically switch to port 88 for management access.
2. On the Login Screen, enter admin in the Password box; then click Login to display the Status screen of the management interface.
3. Under Simple Setup , go to Wireless Settings - take note of the SSID (this is the name of your wireless network). By default the SSID is "SpeedStream".
4. Still under Simple Setup , go to Wireless Encryption:
A. On the Simple Setup > Wireless Encryption screen, select Automatically.
B. Enter a password or password phrase.
C. Click Generate.
D. Take note of Key 1. This is the key that you will have to use on the Wii to connect wirelessly.
E. Save Settings and Continue.
1. On the Simple Setup | Wireless Encryption screen, select Manually.
2. Enter a password or password phrase.
3. In the bottom half of the screen, select #1.
4. Enter five hexadecimal keys; e.g., a number or letter in the range of 0-9 or A-F.
5. Click Enter to save settings and continue.
You're done with the router. Go to the wireless settings of your Wii and configure it to connect to your wireless network. For a step by step instruction go to this site:
If you need further assistance, post a reply and I'll try to answer it ASAP.
Good luck and have a nice day!
Posted on Oct 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jan 31, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Nov 01, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jul 28, 2009 | Siemens SpeedStream 2624 Router...
Mar 29, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Feb 25, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Jan 19, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus G DSL-G604T (790069265662)...
Jul 10, 2008 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jun 01, 2008 | Dynex Computers & Internet
2,118 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: