Question about Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 35mm Point and Shoot Camera
Olympus stylus zoom 140. Camera was great for about 2 years, pictures were great. My last two rolls of film developed with large, orange light streaks running vertically just to the right of center. Additionally, there were several "blobs" of orange light left of center. This occurred on 90% of the pictures, the remaining 10% were fine. Is this a light leak in the camera body? Is it worth trying to get Olympus to repair? Of course, the camera is now out of warrenty. Thanks for your time and help.
It does sound like a light leak, but hopefully all that has happened is that the foam seals surrounding the film compartment have perished and need replacing. With luck, this is unlikely to be expensive - check with your local camera shop or second hand camera dealer.
Posted on May 20, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Zooming with Olympus Stylus 820
There are a few reasons your images might be grainy, one of which is your image quality is set to low. I would always have the camera set to the highest resolution possible, because you can always reduce the size of an image but you can never make it bigger. Another cause of grainy images in digital cameras is the sensitivity of the camera (ISO) is set to high. Since you are only seeing grainy images when you use the zoom the reason for the grainy images is most likely do to using the digital zoom. All a digital zoom does is crop the image much as you can do in some computer applications, and by doing this you greatly reduce your image quality. I would never use a digital zoom. Your camera has a 5x optical zoom and a 5.6x digital zoom. I would only use the optical zoom. I hope this helps!
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jun 10, 2008
Make sure the flash is coming up all the way. If it gets stuck even slightly down from fully raised, it will do what you describe.
I agree, digital P&S won't work as well as your Olympus. Plus all your shots will have to be stored on a hard drive-
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
The flashing E indicates the film is already rewound.
If you're concerned about it not being fully rewound, open the back in an absolutely dark room. A windowless bathroom or walkin closet will work. Block the bottom of the door with a towel or blanket and make sure there aren't ANY light sources in the room. No charger lights, smoke detectors, etc.
If the film is still hanging out, carefully handle it by the edges only & gently remove it from the camera. Try not to kink it. You can manually wind it back in the cassette by rotating the post on top.
You can download the owner's manual from Olympus at http://www.olympusamerica.com/files/Sty_Z140.pdf .
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2014 | Olympus FE Cameras
Apr 02, 2013 | Olympus 228230 Model VG-140 Digital...
Apr 07, 2011 | Olympus FE-340 Digital Camera
Jun 19, 2009 | Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 35mm Point and...
Apr 17, 2009 | Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 35mm Point and...
Apr 09, 2009 | Olympus Photography
Jun 09, 2008 | Olympus Stylus 820 Digital Camera
Jan 01, 2008 | Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 35mm Point and...
Dec 08, 2007 | Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 Deluxe 35mm Point...
Oct 10, 2007 | Olympus FE-140 Digital Camera
Mar 19, 2018 | Cameras
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: